Elmhurst, IL

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 1

Posted April 12, 2013
I am becoming a bit skeptical of this "Christian" school. Politics and favoritism play a key role here and I'm being rubbed the wrong way on how they handle certain people. I began to see this political type behavior surface about three months ago. Then I thought, maybe it's just me. Well, now even my husband has witnessed it and is not very pleased. He is the laid back person that ALWAYS blows situations off as if it's nothing but not this time. I don't want to give too many details just yet but will surely update depending on the outcome of everything we're going through. PARENTS - Keep your eyes, and heart open here. Ask God for guidance and wisdom. PRAY and watch the signs. I am not saying keep your child from being enrolled as there are some benefits academically, but spirituality is number 1 for me. We can get great academics elsewhere. Another parent warned me of this type of behavior and treatment but I did not want to believe it. I am crushed! I was really looking forward to a Godly atmosphere all the way around.

Posted March 04, 2013
I am amazed at the love of teaching that is displayed by the teachers. My 7th grade daughter came out of her shell at Timothy and talks endlessly about her classes and what she is learning. Since going to TImothy, I never hear the words "I don't want to go to school" from any of my three children. It is wonderful to see that kindness and character matters. When I've been at school I've seen middle school students help younger students and boys hold doors for girls - don't we all want our daughters to be treated respectfully? The teachers in all classes encourage the students to pray & I have seen many students demonstrate compassion for others. We have been pleased with the cirriculum in elementary, middle school and high school and if additional assistance is needed, teachers are willing to help before or after school. It is no wonder people travel from over 50 different towns to attend the school. We live more than 15 miles away and there are 3 other families in our area that also do. Timothy Christian Schools are truly a blessing.

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 3

Posted October 14, 2012
I pray that Timothy has improved. This school has great potential. But while my child was enrolled, I must say that I had my share of concerns. Being able to enter the facility because some well-meaning person would open the door for others instead of require that each person be buzzed in for security reasons was one of my concerns. Some of the teachers were great. A few were out to lunch when it came to being sensitive to the safety of my child. One teacher required my child to go out and pick up trash (without using gloves). My child actually picked up a cigarette butt. I was very unpleased upon learning this. One teacher had a problem keeping children from bullying other children. She would tell children being clobbered by bullying childen to just "shine for Jesus". But she had no children of her own. Also, I was invited to a pom-pom rally, but it left me thinking of Hooters instead of holiness. And I thought the principal was very ineffective. He seemed to just hear our concerns when we met with him without really listening with an aim of investigating the concern we shared with him to find the truth . So I thought it best to remove my child from Timothy.

Posted September 17, 2012
Timothy Christian lives up to its name. Our two older kids are there and we look forward to having our third there too. TCS has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. There are other quality schools in our area but we chose TCS because it is simply outstanding. I wish I could have gone there as a kid!

Posted April 13, 2011
Timothy Christain School is a great school. A place where a Christian world life view is developed and nutrured by dedicated and Christian teachers.

Posted April 12, 2011
We love Timothy! Our kids come home everyday to share with us their experiences, all positive. They WANT to go to school. We, as parents, love Timothy. We are thrilled with the social, spiritual, and educational experiences Timothy offers. Timothy is DuPage county's best kept secret!

Posted April 08, 2011
I don't know how this school could be any more Christian. They pray in every class multiple times each day. The students are taught bible stories. Scripture memorization is a graded part of the curriculum. There is a time of group worship weekly and the teachers could not be better examples of men and women living Godly lives. There is not a teacher at the school that is allowed to make up their own curriculum outside of the overall guidelines. The school is accredited and has to meet specific standards. Additionally, the school's test scores are sky high -- much higher than any other public or private school in the area. The students receive three 15 minute recesses each day. They're at school for seven hours. Research shows that students perform much better after being given a break. Could you spend seven hours at your work place with less than three brief breaks? And yes, the school has a Dutch heritage but there are far more people at the school that aren't Dutch than are. I've found the parent group warm and welcoming and eager for help from anyone who is willing to provide it. They didn't ask me if I was Dutch -- I'm not -- just if I'd be willing to help.

Posted March 30, 2011
Timothy is providing my three children with a loving, caring, Christ-centered education. The teachers and administration truly care about developing children who will go into the world demonstrating Jesus' love to all.

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 2

Posted March 29, 2011
People need to be honest. If you want a real Christian education, then don't send your child here! Except for having Christian verses on the boards and walls, they are no more Christian than the man in the moon. There are a few teachers that are gems, but most are not. The parent teacher group is exclusive, to those who are of dutch descent, which I am not. The academic are fair at most. Teachers are allowed to make up their own curriculums and are not held accountable. There are way too many recesses and too much working on computers. They use words like luck, push yoga and my daugther was allowed to pick up cigarette butts on earth day. When we questioned the teacher, she became insulted. So, be warn. Jesus is at this school, but only in word, not in action.

Posted March 29, 2011
Our son is receiving age and skill level appropriate academic education in a Christ-centered, spirit-filled environment by God fearing and God loving educators. The educational materials are challenging and the program is well-rounded, including learning the Bible, math, reading, science, language arts, P.E., music, art, library time, computer ed and recess! What a blessing the school is for us.

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School
188 West Butterfield Road, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top