Elmhurst, IL

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 03, 2015
The issue of a major preoccupation with Dutch ethnicity instead of biblical Christ-centeredness alerted me to what seems to be a dilemma to which the Timothy board of trustees should give a serious degree of attention. Your brochure depicts Timothy as a biblical Christ-centered school. However, my wife and I received mixed messages as we learned why more parents are removing their children from Timothy. In all fairness, I believe that it might be better to not advertise Timothy as being open and friendly to families despite their ethnicity. I admire my child for persevering in the midst of so much confusion. We decided to give your so-called private Christian school a try. But the obsession of a myriad of students and some teachers with their ethnic heritage more than Jesus Christ is counterproductive to someone who wants their child to receive the best Christ-centered education that money can buy. I pray for Timothy because of this form of deception. It would be best to advertise Timothy as Timothy Dutch Christian School. Taking this measure would serve to warn pastors and others, so they will better know who to recommend to enroll their children into Timothy. Timothy needs a course based on Acts chapter 10-11 and Galatians chapter 2 of the Holy Bible. Maybe even some parent-teacher-staff conferences to dig until the source of the Dutch Pride preoccupation is uncovered and cast before God. Our child has been reminded of Joseph and his Genesis 50:19-20 quote. Our child is already pressing on with another school. This school welcomes parents to be part of their parent-teacher association and visit classrooms when our children feel threatened by teachers or fellow students. Is God really pleased with Timothy based on what those in authority permit these days (2 Corinthians 5:9)?

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 1

Posted May 11, 2015
If I could give this school a negative one I would. If you are looking for a school that supports bullying, then TCS is the one. This school has some the most unkind middle school girls that I have ever seen. The administration is so ineffective. We won't be back as we see no need to keep paying over $9,000 a year for average academics and constant bullying. As a matter of fact my children don't want to come back. It's really sad that a school pretends to be Christian, when it really should be called Timothy Dutch School or just Timothy School. We had hoped for more, but this school has a lot of problems with bias and loving other people of different ethnic races. Way to much favortism toward kids who are dutch.
2 people found this helpful

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 2

Posted April 08, 2015
While academically adequate, we are removing our kids from the school this year. I was encouraged by the religious aspects of the school and was excited to invest in a Christian education for my kids. Timothy has tried to add diversity (non-Dutch), however, the Dutch bonds are too much of a factor for them to overcome. There is a large community of families that went to school together and are now sending their children here. Many of them go to church together and make up their closest friends and family. When you have never been the newcomer or outsider in any situation, it is beyond your experience and ability to relate to the new kids. Also, my husband attended an event with one of our kids and a large group of alumni/parents were together as a group having a great time (who could blame them). When he approached the group, he was virtually ignored. I began to ask myself, why are we paying for this experience? If I or my kids are going to be excluded, I would rather it be by non-christians. It's easier to live with.

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 1

Posted April 12, 2013
I am becoming a bit skeptical of this "Christian" school. Politics and favoritism play a key role here and I'm being rubbed the wrong way on how they handle certain people. I began to see this political type behavior surface about three months ago. Then I thought, maybe it's just me. Well, now even my husband has witnessed it and is not very pleased. He is the laid back person that ALWAYS blows situations off as if it's nothing but not this time. I don't want to give too many details just yet but will surely update depending on the outcome of everything we're going through. PARENTS - Keep your eyes, and heart open here. Ask God for guidance and wisdom. PRAY and watch the signs. I am not saying keep your child from being enrolled as there are some benefits academically, but spirituality is number 1 for me. We can get great academics elsewhere. Another parent warned me of this type of behavior and treatment but I did not want to believe it. I am crushed! I was really looking forward to a Godly atmosphere all the way around.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2013
I am amazed at the love of teaching that is displayed by the teachers. My 7th grade daughter came out of her shell at Timothy and talks endlessly about her classes and what she is learning. Since going to TImothy, I never hear the words "I don't want to go to school" from any of my three children. It is wonderful to see that kindness and character matters. When I've been at school I've seen middle school students help younger students and boys hold doors for girls - don't we all want our daughters to be treated respectfully? The teachers in all classes encourage the students to pray & I have seen many students demonstrate compassion for others. We have been pleased with the cirriculum in elementary, middle school and high school and if additional assistance is needed, teachers are willing to help before or after school. It is no wonder people travel from over 50 different towns to attend the school. We live more than 15 miles away and there are 3 other families in our area that also do. Timothy Christian Schools are truly a blessing.

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School 3

Posted October 14, 2012
I pray that Timothy has improved. This school has great potential. But while my child was enrolled, I must say that I had my share of concerns. Being able to enter the facility because some well-meaning person would open the door for others instead of require that each person be buzzed in for security reasons was one of my concerns. Some of the teachers were great. A few were out to lunch when it came to being sensitive to the safety of my child. One teacher required my child to go out and pick up trash (without using gloves). My child actually picked up a cigarette butt. I was very unpleased upon learning this. One teacher had a problem keeping children from bullying other children. She would tell children being clobbered by bullying childen to just "shine for Jesus". But she had no children of her own. Also, I was invited to a pom-pom rally, but it left me thinking of Hooters instead of holiness. And I thought the principal was very ineffective. He seemed to just hear our concerns when we met with him without really listening with an aim of investigating the concern we shared with him to find the truth . So I thought it best to remove my child from Timothy.

Posted September 17, 2012
Timothy Christian lives up to its name. Our two older kids are there and we look forward to having our third there too. TCS has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. There are other quality schools in our area but we chose TCS because it is simply outstanding. I wish I could have gone there as a kid!

Posted April 13, 2011
Timothy Christain School is a great school. A place where a Christian world life view is developed and nutrured by dedicated and Christian teachers.

Posted April 12, 2011
We love Timothy! Our kids come home everyday to share with us their experiences, all positive. They WANT to go to school. We, as parents, love Timothy. We are thrilled with the social, spiritual, and educational experiences Timothy offers. Timothy is DuPage county's best kept secret!

Posted April 08, 2011
I don't know how this school could be any more Christian. They pray in every class multiple times each day. The students are taught bible stories. Scripture memorization is a graded part of the curriculum. There is a time of group worship weekly and the teachers could not be better examples of men and women living Godly lives. There is not a teacher at the school that is allowed to make up their own curriculum outside of the overall guidelines. The school is accredited and has to meet specific standards. Additionally, the school's test scores are sky high -- much higher than any other public or private school in the area. The students receive three 15 minute recesses each day. They're at school for seven hours. Research shows that students perform much better after being given a break. Could you spend seven hours at your work place with less than three brief breaks? And yes, the school has a Dutch heritage but there are far more people at the school that aren't Dutch than are. I've found the parent group warm and welcoming and eager for help from anyone who is willing to provide it. They didn't ask me if I was Dutch -- I'm not -- just if I'd be willing to help.

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School
188 West Butterfield Road, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top