PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I was incredibly saddened by the lack of diversity in the administrative/faculty/leadership staff. Christ commission was to go therefore to people of ALL the nations...remove the Christian and just be Timothy. I rated the school average as I found very little good, nothing superior or great in our experience. I would recommend anyone to do their due diligence before selecting this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Athletic Director and coaches sportsmanship was not on display during our visit.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Based on the pushing and shoving I saw the Timothy Christian players doing to a much smaller squad from the opposing school. Fouls were plentiful and conveniently were not noticed or called by the "home-court" referees.

I found Benjamin Middle School to be more "Christian" in behavior -- hospitable, welcoming, friendly, fair than what we experienced at Timothy Christian. Terrible. At least during my visit, to attend a basketball game, I didn't find it a good, Christian place to send my children. Maybe the stuff on here about being more Dutch than Christian, and being permissive about bullying is true?

Amazing school with phenomenal Christian teachers who really care about their students. Class work is tailored to the individual students so they are challenged from an early age. Strong arts, music, and athletics programs. Our children are excited to go to school each day and have made wonderful friends. Thankful to be part of this caring Christian community with teachers, administrators, and other parents who share similar values.

Develops character: Disagree

The issue of a major preoccupation with Dutch ethnicity instead of biblical Christ-centeredness alerted me to what seems to be a dilemma to which the Timothy board of trustees should give a serious degree of attention. Your brochure depicts Timothy as a biblical Christ-centered school. However, my wife and I received mixed messages as we learned why more parents are removing their children from Timothy. In all fairness, I believe that it might be better to not advertise Timothy as being open and friendly to families despite their ethnicity. I admire my child for persevering in the midst of so much confusion. We decided to give your so-called private Christian school a try. But the obsession of a myriad of students and some teachers with their ethnic heritage more than Jesus Christ is counterproductive to someone who wants their child to receive the best Christ-centered education that money can buy. I pray for Timothy because of this form of deception. It would be best to advertise Timothy as Timothy Dutch Christian School. Taking this measure would serve to warn pastors and others, so they will better know who to recommend to enroll their children into Timothy. Timothy needs a course based on Acts chapter 10-11 and Galatians chapter 2 of the Holy Bible. Maybe even some parent-teacher-staff conferences to dig until the source of the Dutch Pride preoccupation is uncovered and cast before God. Our child has been reminded of Joseph and his Genesis 50:19-20 quote. Our child is already pressing on with another school. This school welcomes parents to be part of their parent-teacher association and visit classrooms when our children feel threatened by teachers or fellow students. Is God really pleased with Timothy based on what those in authority permit these days (2 Corinthians 5:9)?

If I could give this school a negative one I would. If you are looking for a school that supports bullying, then TCS is the one. This school has some the most unkind middle school girls that I have ever seen. The administration is so ineffective. We won't be back as we see no need to keep paying over $9,000 a year for average academics and constant bullying. As a matter of fact my children don't want to come back. It's really sad that a school pretends to be Christian, when it really should be called Timothy Dutch School or just Timothy School. We had hoped for more, but this school has a lot of problems with bias and loving other people of different ethnic races. Way to much favortism toward kids who are dutch.

While academically adequate, we are removing our kids from the school this year. I was encouraged by the religious aspects of the school and was excited to invest in a Christian education for my kids. Timothy has tried to add diversity (non-Dutch), however, the Dutch bonds are too much of a factor for them to overcome. There is a large community of families that went to school together and are now sending their children here. Many of them go to church together and make up their closest friends and family. When you have never been the newcomer or outsider in any situation, it is beyond your experience and ability to relate to the new kids. Also, my husband attended an event with one of our kids and a large group of alumni/parents were together as a group having a great time (who could blame them). When he approached the group, he was virtually ignored. I began to ask myself, why are we paying for this experience? If I or my kids are going to be excluded, I would rather it be by non-christians. It's easier to live with.

I am becoming a bit skeptical of this "Christian" school. Politics and favoritism play a key role here and I'm being rubbed the wrong way on how they handle certain people. I began to see this political type behavior surface about three months ago. Then I thought, maybe it's just me. Well, now even my husband has witnessed it and is not very pleased. He is the laid back person that ALWAYS blows situations off as if it's nothing but not this time. I don't want to give too many details just yet but will surely update depending on the outcome of everything we're going through. PARENTS - Keep your eyes, and heart open here. Ask God for guidance and wisdom. PRAY and watch the signs. I am not saying keep your child from being enrolled as there are some benefits academically, but spirituality is number 1 for me. We can get great academics elsewhere. Another parent warned me of this type of behavior and treatment but I did not want to believe it. I am crushed! I was really looking forward to a Godly atmosphere all the way around.

I am amazed at the love of teaching that is displayed by the teachers. My 7th grade daughter came out of her shell at Timothy and talks endlessly about her classes and what she is learning. Since going to TImothy, I never hear the words "I don't want to go to school" from any of my three children. It is wonderful to see that kindness and character matters. When I've been at school I've seen middle school students help younger students and boys hold doors for girls - don't we all want our daughters to be treated respectfully? The teachers in all classes encourage the students to pray & I have seen many students demonstrate compassion for others. We have been pleased with the cirriculum in elementary, middle school and high school and if additional assistance is needed, teachers are willing to help before or after school. It is no wonder people travel from over 50 different towns to attend the school. We live more than 15 miles away and there are 3 other families in our area that also do. Timothy Christian Schools are truly a blessing.

Last modified Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8