Elmhurst, IL
After care: No

Posted August 31, 2015
Outstanding private school. Students accepted to top universities including Naval Academy, Notre Dame, Emory, Boston College, Northwestern, and all the popular Big 10 including U-Michigan, U-Wisconsin, Indiana, U of I, etc.,.Unique learning environment with small class size provides opportunity for healthy discussion and hands on learning. Very diverse student population covering all socio-economic levels allows students from many different backgrounds to learn from each other and establish friendships outside of their local community . I can't say enough about the fantastic education my children have received at ICCP.

IC Catholic Prep
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 31, 2015
As a Catholic School, ICCP's mission is to develop students in mind, body, and spirit. Discussions in theology often cover challenges and moral issues that face young people today. In terms of discipline, the school has clear policies and procedures. The administration is known for being fair but firm.

Posted May 13, 2014
If you want your teenage son or daughter to be educated well with an amazing background in morals, this is the school for you. IC Catholic Prep does indeed go in hand with what the say about educating the whole mind, body, and spirit. The students that go to this school flourish into these well rounded and respectable group of adults. They are well prepared for the real world and the real world will appreciate the type of people these students become. They offer fine courses with a 17:1 student to teacher ratio in a majority of the classes. This allows for a more hand on learning experience, which growing teenagers and students need in order to learn and absorb the material better. I, as a current researcher in education, have found that schools with a smaller class sizes are more likely to have students that will be successful in school. The spirit and body are educated in the school as well because the teachers always enforce catholic teachings and morals at this school. The students here know what it is to be humble, and live out the teachings of Jesus. The line of students graduating from IC are a legacy. IC may be small, but the love from the community makes IC so big.

Posted May 12, 2014
ICCP was a great choice for me, and now as a senior about to graduate this Saturday, I thank God everyday that I was given the opportunity to attend this school. While I attend my university in the fall, I know that I will have a solid background in all core subjects as well as in my faith. I'm ready to take this next big journey in my life, but I'm not ready to bid goodbye to the school that I've grown to love and treasure for the past 4 years. GO KNIGHTS!

Posted September 25, 2013
I am a junior at ICCP and this school is one of the best things that have happened to me. The academics are CHALLENGING and the teachers are the most helpful. I honestly don't know why people are even bothering to bash this school out because of that. If IC didn't teach you anything, then why is it even a high school? Since freshman year the academics were hard and they challenged me to see my full potential. Bullying indeed exists in our common world today, but it is different for everyone. Everywhere someone is being bullied so I don't know why that is an issue when coming here. Everyone has been welcoming and genuine to me. It just all depends on you as a person.

Posted September 22, 2013
The negativity in the previous reviews are absolutely shocking. If they really knew ICHS, they wouldn't have said that. IC provides more than 3 AP classes. Their honors classes are rigorous and the education is phenomenal. Even the regular classes are challenging. I understand the fact that everyone has their own take on their child's experience at the school, but I insist that this school has given me the best education possible in the Chicago land area. It is just as wonderful as other prestigious catholic schools.

Posted September 21, 2013
As a college student, I honestly don't regret attending IC. I live in the city of Chicago, and while there are amazing magnet schools there and prestigious private schools, I felt IC was the choice for me. Everyone was always welcoming, and I just felt at home when I shadowed. I knew if I went to a bigger school, it would limit my opportunity to join sports and clubs in one season. At other schools, the clubs and sports are held at the same time. Here at IC, you have a majority of the club meetings on different days throughout the week before school even starts. Because of this, you will be able to join as many clubs without missing any sports or other clubs. When the class sizes are small, you are able to focus more and gain a better knowledge of what is going on in the lesson. If you are ever confused about that subject or a certain assignment, the teachers will be able to help you before and after school! That's what I think is so great about it! The academics are just fantastic with regular, honors, and AP. I was an honors student throughout and boy can I tell you that it helped me in college. I am now a a junior and I am blessed to have attended Immaculate Conception. KNIGHTS!

Posted September 21, 2013
I actually transfered to ICHS as a senior back in the early 2000s. Due to the fact that my local area public high school was not helpful in the college application process, I had to transfer. However, my expectations about this school were beyond just that. Although my classmates that year known each other for years, I felt the love and I have made so many strong friendships that year. The students and staff were welcoming and I just loved that. IC had many programs to help us prepare for college. When you have second thoughts about your children attending IC, think past that and know that this is a marvelous school where your kids will be prepared for college and the world.

Posted March 24, 2013
IC was the first choice for my child when he was about to enter high school. The neighborhood I am residing in does not have high schools that have high enough standards and a rigorous education as IC. Many of my coworkers had their children graduate from this school and become very successful people. The staff is excellent and they care very much about the students. They instruct as well as the top ten high schools in America. I would recommend this school very much.

Posted January 22, 2013
My son enrolled at ICHS beginning with his sophomore year due to his original school closing. The ICHS community couldn't have been more welcoming. He graduated last spring and now has another close group of new friends who are great kids. The pastor, principal, faculty, coaches and students create a caring, challenging and morally upright environment. What struck me most was the amount of parent involvement. Don't know if I had more fun in the past 3 years or if my son did. This is what a Catholic college-prep high school should be.

IC Catholic Prep