Elmhurst, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 13, 2014
Fantastic! I have had three children attend EA and wish they continued past kindergarten. No other school compares (and I have been searching) We are indebted to the experience at Elmhurst Academy. It is truly a magical place to learn

Elmhurst Academy Early Learning 1

Posted January 08, 2014
Smoke and mirrors - beware. Refreshing, inviting, the perfect place for your child...or so one might think. If/when things go bad, they go down hill rapidly. The owner does believe in her school. She is quite comfortable putting down any opinion that is not in line with hers (or her instructors should I say) about your child and all but inviting you to leave. I was the happiest of happy parents when things were going well - but one disagreement showed me what was really behind the curtain and opened up lots of dialog to reveal that many other parents feel the same. Good luck breaking through the click of existing parents...if you get in you are golden...if not, forget about it!

Posted May 30, 2013
I have been part of the Elmhurst Academy family for over 10 years, as I've had two children go attend there. My youngest is now in 3rd grade and continues to receive high level grades and is now placed in the gifted program. This is due to the extraordinary education they had at Elmhurst Academy. I have received countless recommendations to this school by everyone I know in Elmhurst. It is by far the best. A++

Posted January 02, 2013
This is a wonderful school. I specifically chose it for the Reggio Emilia approach. Yes, the administrative staff can be a bit stuffy at times, but the teachers and the whole educational approach is great. And, in the end, it's the teachers that you and your children deal with on a day to day basis.

Posted October 22, 2012
This is one of few schools that use the Reggio Emilia philosophy. The Executive Director took me on a tour and was impressed at her knowledge and expertise. The school grounds are beautiful and the aspect on nature is best for all children. I could not find this type of education anywhere else. My son started over a year ago and is truly receiving the best educational experience.

Posted July 14, 2012
My daughter just graduated from the kindergarten class at Elmhurst Academy and have to comment on how well educated she is. If you want your child educated at a gifted level, this school compares to no other. She is reading at a second grade level and marked very high in math. They study government, greek mythology, French and Spanish. The school even has the students learn tai chi and yoga. The art program is fantastic and the outdoor garden areas you will not find at another school. Not sure where she is going to go from here, wish they went up through 8th grade! She's really had the best start at Elmhurst Academy. The staff is excellent. The school and the classrooms are beautiful.

Elmhurst Academy Early Learning 4

Posted April 25, 2012
I would give this school higher marks if it wasn't for the owner. She is as a previous person said condescending and unprofessional at times. I try to avoid her at all costs. When I can do that I love this school. The teachers are fabulous and the children love to learn because of it. The teachers obviously love what they do and they love kids. I do not think anything else in Elmhurst compares. When I see what my children can do, they are definitely more advanced than other kids their age. This school is not rigid or uniform in any way that I have see in the years I have had kids here. They let the students learn in their own way but with some guidance from the teachers. All of these things are a blessing. If they could just get a new owner, or if she would just have someone else as the administrator and she is a silent partner the school would be 5 stars

Elmhurst Academy Early Learning 2

Posted April 17, 2012
There were some positive aspects of this school, but they did not outweigh the disappointing aspects. The owner was unprofessional and condesending. The processes and procedures are rigid, not just organized and uniform as needed when educating a group of children, but rigid, unyielding an draconian. Some of the extra programs they brought in for summer programs were good. Otherwise, it was a negative experience for my son and me. He still comments when we drive by - "I never want to go back there mommy."

Posted May 20, 2010
My wife and I have our son enrolled in the infant program. We have never experienced such professionalism, and high regards to curriculum as we've seen at Elmhurst Academy. I would highly recommend this school for every age group.

Elmhurst Academy Early Learning 3

Posted May 27, 2009

Elmhurst Academy Early Learning
212 West Lake Street, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Elmhurst Academy Early Learning is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Elmhurst Academy Early Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top