PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 19, 2016
Where do I even begin to discuss what a positive and spiritual effect PCA has already made on my kids. They both began PCA from Pre-school and will continue onto 5th grade! Here are some of the many benefits of PCA: All of PCA's full-time teachers are certified, and their curriculum is the same, if not better than the top public schools in the area. PCA has smaller classroom sizes to ensure each student's needs are being met, whether it be additional support for struggling learners, challenging activities for those who would benefit, and grade-level work for everyone in between. Besides outstanding academic curriculum, PCA students attend Greek class four days a week in which they not only learn about our Greek language, but also about our religion, customs, and history. Besides that, 1st-5th graders learn so much about our Orthodox faith through weekly "Be the Bee" lessons and/or chapel time with Father Andrew. I can't tell you how happy I am when I hear my kids chanting hymns and talking about the lives of our Saints and God on our car rides to and from school and at home. On top of all those bonuses, PCA is a loving family! My kids are with their PCA friends all day long and are still begging me to have playdates as soon as school is out. Many of the PCA parents are my dearest friends that I will be close to for many, many years! It's so reassuring to know that my kids are in a safe and loving environment where teachers and priests hug and smile every time they greet them. I'm so happy that PCA has reached it's goal of having it's first ever 5th grade graduating class! I'm going to treasure all the memories of all that PCA has given and will continue to give my kids. It is and will continue to be the best investment we've made for our kids, from Pre-school all the way through 5th grade. Thanks, PCA! Looking forward to many more years together!

Posted April 28, 2015
Pythagoras Children s Academy (PCA) is an extension of our family, it's a place where my children are loved and nurtured and encouraged to explore the potential that God has given them. PCA is also a place where we have become part of their family, where friendships are formed not only with classmates, but between parents and teachers. It's a place where, beginning in preschool, my children have been challenged to reach their full potential, are held accountable for their actions, and have developed a deep love of learning! As a result my children have left PCA s preschool program extremely well prepared, spiritually, academically and socially for Kindergarten. PCA by far, has been the best investment we ve made in our children so far!

Posted February 10, 2015
PCA has given my children an amazing foundation. There are so many things to love here. Not only do students get a top-notch education, but it's an education in so much more. When PCA says they educate the "whole child," they really mean it. From religious education and opportunities to live the faith; to learning another language (of which studies show leads to academic success as well as tolerance of other cultures); to being instilled with pride in heritage; to reinforcing the family values we teach at home; to the family environment where teachers don't just teach, they love and nurture our kids; there's so much to love here. It's truly a family, and along with the priests, the teachers, everyone, we all work together to build foundations for these kids. Kids feel safe and comfortable here. They are empowered with confidence, self-esteem, and so much more. The friendships they make here will last a lifetime. I will be sad when our children move on from PCA. This is the only school like this around here, and I'm so glad we are able to be a part of it. Check it out.

Posted February 10, 2015
Pythagoras Children's Academy (PCS) has provided both of my girls an excellent education rooted in our rich Hellenic heritage and Orthodox faith. My oldest is currently in the 3rd grade at PCA and my youngest in K and are both excelling!! I attribute this to the very low student-to-teacher ratio and the amazing and dedicated teachers PCA employs. If you are interested in a small private school with a lot of heart and Orthodox Christian values, check PCA out. You will not be dissapointed.

Posted October 05, 2011
It is amazing how much our children are thriving every day at PCA. PCA offers a perfect combination of great academics, caring teachers, loving priests and a strong moral foundation. PCA students consistently score in the top 15% nationally on standardized tests and the classrooms are limited to a maximum of 14 students. Individualized attention is so important to us. Our children are coming home with so much happiness and a strong desire to learn and grow. What more can we as parents ask for?

Posted October 05, 2011
Our children love going to school here! They come home so happy every day and talk about their school friends all day long. The teachers and priests are excellent and truly care for all of the children. The academic programs are challenging with customized instruction due to the small class sizes. PCA is a religious private institution which provides a strong moral foundation upon which is built confidence, good self-esteem and strong academic roots that pave the way for the challenging middle school years. We truly love feel this type of safe and nurturing environment is best for our children during their critical early years of learning.

Posted September 09, 2011
My children are receiving a top notch education at PCA. My 3rd grader is performing 2-3 grade levels above her own on standardized tests. My Kindergartener was reading small books in Pre-K. They have quality teachers and caring priests who make my children love school! The students begin learning greek and religion in pre-school. I truly love this school.

Posted July 29, 2010
Incredible school!!!! My daughter is thriving, she's a first grader performing at third grade level in all subjects, including math!!! The tuition is fairly priced. I'm not planning on returning next year simply due to finances but it's a struggle to leave because of the quality of education we're receiving. I'm afraid the quality won't be the same in the public school.

Posted March 12, 2009
What a great school! My kids a thriving here! Class size capped at 14. Iowa scores in top 5% of nation. Great teachers! Sorry to be leaving. My second graders are performing at the 4th grade level. Lots of individualized attention!

Posted January 22, 2006
Pythagoras Children's Academy (PCA)is a wonderful private school located in St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church. I have two students there, and both are receiving a top notch education. Children thrive in PCA's small classrooms, with teachers and staff who care about each child. PCA has an excellent preschool and full-day Kindergarten program, where both my kids had the opportunity to learn from an advanced curriculum. PCA offers Greek language classes to all studens three times per week, and also offers religious education (Greek Orthodox) from the parish's priest. He is friendly and loving to all the students, and his daily influcence is a wonderful addition to the environment. PCA builds an excellent foundation for the students' spiritual and educational endeavors as they eventually mainstream into public schools. I have been very satisfied with my experience there these past 4 years.

Pythagoras Childrens Academy
893 North Church Road, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Pythagoras Childrens Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-4