Elmwood Park, IL

Posted August 18, 2014
This is going to be the third year for my daughter in this school. We loved preschool and kindergarten. Great learning environment which also cultivates good morals and values. We are excited to start the first grade this year. We have always been received by the teachers and principle in a nice warm manner, and all of our questions have always been readily addressed. It has a family oriented environment. Very welcoming. Good quality education: all kindergarten graduates show good proficiency in reading, math, general development skills. Lots of additional activities. I have never had any issues or concerns. Would strongly recommend.

Posted July 03, 2014
St. Celestine School has cultivated a wonderful learning environment for its students. The families are warm and welcoming, and care deeply about their children's education, and social and emotional development. We are nothing short of thrilled with the school

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted January 11, 2009
I've been going for 8 years and I love it. It has such a great learning environment.

Posted March 01, 2008
My two daughters attend this school and it is the greatest school in the area. We drive from Franklin Park to Elmwood Park everyday, and are very happy with all the aspects of the school. This school offers everything we could ask for good teachers, good families and a good parish.

Posted August 22, 2007

St Celestine School 4

Posted April 25, 2007
My three children attend St. Celestine, I am pleased with the parent involvement and the sense of community that exsist. Although, I would like to see a stronger curriculum that re-enforces the basic 3R's and a well supported/ organized athletic program. St. Celestine School has much to offer but as with any school there is room for improvements. A satisfied and optimistic parent.

Posted February 02, 2007
I attended St. Cel's and decided that my children would as well. The school is above and beyond any in the area and I have always felt at home there, and now my children do as well. The principal is dedicated, concerned and involved. Yes some teachers there were also my teachers 20 years ago, but that says alot about the school. Most teachers are members of the church and their children go to the school as well. The sports program has excelled in the past 10 years and the parents are so dedicated to both school and to the church. I feel fortunate that my children are able to attend the school, that they are getting a great education and that they are participating members of the community.

Posted July 27, 2006
St. Celestine is an excellent school. Contrary to what a previous reviewer said, all children take music and art classes, as well as computer, and gym class is held three days per week for third grade and up. (No recess for most grades, though, which is not at all good.) Academics are much stronger than at area public schools, and also stronger than most Catholic grade schools, but the math and science program should be stronger. The principal is fantastic, as are most of the teachers, and parental involvement is strong. Extracurriculars abound, including sports, band, choir, clubs, yearbook, student newspaper, student council, academic competitions, and more. With all that said, however, if your child has special needs at either end of the spectrum, this school (or most Catholic schools) may not be for you. They're not great about curriculum adjustment, and do not employ tracking. Overall, though, a wonderful place!

St Celestine School 3