Eureka, IL

Eureka High School 3

Posted January 24, 2014
This school is great, academically, but they're way too involved and centered around sports teams. I played for the Varstiy football team last year, in which we went 2-7. We haven't made the playoffs since 2007. With that, they bought brand new bleachers, a new track, new football uniforms, and yet, couldn't meet requirements on the Special Ed programs, which my little sister is in, cutback, force retired, fired, and/or transferred Special Ed/Alternative Ed teachers, within the last 4 years. Our textbooks are falling apart and outdated to the point, where our math teachers must duct tape books back together. They also do not pay enough attention to the low grade students, as they just put them in APEX classes and/or put them in classes that allows you to earn all the credits you need to graduate, in one school year, My friend, Alex, is earning 9 credits by this. She's a senior and is 9 credits shy of graduating as she transferred from Normal West, by getting expelled. I do not recommend parents' with lower GPA and/or credit kids to come here, to reach their potential. They'll just pass them on and not even try to work with them. Most teacher's however, are exceptional and qaulified

Posted March 04, 2010
This is an exceptional school. It offers so many dual credit college/high school AP classes. This helps many kids who otherwise would not have the confidence or money to go to college to get a headstart. It really helped me, as well as my siblings. Don't let the 'small town' status of Eureka deceive you. It has many over educated, well traveled teachers.

Eureka High School 0

Posted June 07, 2009
This school has been nothing but a disappointment. The administration staff and counslors are uninterested in the child's best interest and sucess.

Eureka High School 4

Posted August 21, 2008
Because EHS offers so many dual credit classes (classes that count toward college hours and high scholl credits), students are able to get a jump start on their college education as well as fufill graduating requirements. Many people have completed as much as year of college in these classes, and EHS is one of the very few high schools that offer dual credit classes and the amount of dual credit classes in Illinois

Posted December 03, 2007
Knowing my daughter is getting the best education Illinois public schools has to offer just assures me that her future will be a bright one! I'm glad that EHS has so many dedicated teacher that are willing to take the time to care for their students.

Posted June 10, 2005
This school is great! We're good at sports and everyone gets along well. It's the best school around!

Eureka High School 4

Posted May 26, 2004
I love this school! There are so many different classes to take and there is so much school spirit.

Eureka High School
200 West Cruger Avenue, Eureka, IL  61530
Last modified Eureka High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eureka High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top