Evanston, IL

Chute Middle School 1

Posted October 26, 2014
It's getting worse and worse as our kid has begun his 3rd year. The teachers are grate but the students get too much slack.

Chute Middle School 4

Posted October 14, 2014
My school is by far the most diverse in the district. It has great art programs. I am currently in advanced media arts. My media arts class is the most advanced out of the district. We are the only school in the district with a 3D printer. Also this year chute is teaming up with Verizon to get iPads for every student attending chute. This is really great because now kids who don't have a computer at home or who don't have WiFi can access there school work easily. Chute offers advanced math classes going up to geometry! We also have an amazing atheltic program. We have a huge gym with 6 volleyball nets, 6 basketball hoops, a climbing wall, and a high ropes course indoors. Outside we have 4 soccer fields, and 2 basketball hoops. When i grow up i want to send my children to chute!

Posted July 01, 2014
We were extremely and happily surprised that our son's years in Middle School were the happiest in his school career thus far! Chute Middle School provides all students with the structure and support they need to succeed. The teachers and staff are accessible and approachable to both parents and students. The plain exterior of the school belies what is inside, especially the beautiful garden courtyard in the center of the building. This school is a testament to what can happen with good leadership: the principal, Mr. Mac, tells everyone at the beginning of the year "everything is my business." He follows up to make sure all students feel safe and cared for. We are so grateful that our son wound up here!

Posted July 23, 2013
Chute students come from three elementary feeder school in District 65: Dawes, Oakton and Walker. They enjoy a host of extra curriculars from competitive after-school athletic opportunities to art clubs, high quality drama, orchestra, chorus and band performances, recycling clubs, Math Olympiad, student council and much more.

Chute Middle School 1

Posted June 04, 2013
Chute is a Title 1 school that has not met its school grade in the years that our child has attended Chute. The District has raised the maximum class size from 25 students per class to 30. this affected our child's math and english class size - two core subjects for student success. Our child's teachers have been extremely uncommunicative and my husband and I have substaintial concerns regarding the quality of education our child is receiving. We have been very disappointed with the response of principal and vice principal in addressing our concerns, and communications with teachers did not improve over the course of the school year.

Posted April 02, 2013
This is a fantastic school. My son started this year and I have been very impressed with the Principal and teachers. They keep intouch with parents, respond to emails and are helping prepare the kids for high school.

Posted January 10, 2013
I go to this school, and am only in 6th grade, but from what i heard at my old school, Oakton, it is great. Good lunch food, good school setup, and finally all the "bad" student behavior is our life and examples. In response to parent one star may 5 2007s dislike of the school, i'd say the the disrespect of adults is just us being more independent than private school zombies. We're poor, yet we get on. Horrifying isnt it. single-minded students. We are just not impressionable little obedience bags, we're people. About special needs kids, we treat them as equals, not different people.

Posted May 22, 2011
My daughter is about to complete her 3rd and final year at Chute. I can say that there is no other school I would rather she would have gone to. I wish my son had gone to Chute as well. The principal, Mr. Mac is as good as it gets! I wish he could come over to ETHS and help straighten out some of their problems! Excellent school, dedicated staff and they prepare the students (if the students try) for college prep high schools.

Chute Middle School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
Because of their dedication to providing excellent education opportunies for all students.

Chute Middle School 3

Posted November 23, 2009

Chute Middle School
1400 Oakton Street, Evanston, IL  60202
Last modified Chute Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chute Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top