Bad
Good

It's simply one of the best middle schools in Evanston, with many extracurricular activities/ clubs and advanced arts classes to choose from including advanced art, drama, media arts, and music. The teachers in the school are simply thoughtful and great at getting students achieve our schools expectations in being responsible, respectful, and striving to be successful. And we have two different languages that you can take including Spanish, spanish for Spanish speakers for native Spanish speakers and French. Plus we have iPads one out of two schools in Evanston that reseave them for the chance for us students to have a better opportunities to have apps that would help us exceed in our ceducation. It can't get any better it's a good school and will always be. Love you CHUTE!!!!!!

It's getting worse and worse as our kid has begun his 3rd year. The teachers are grate but the students get too much slack.

My school is by far the most diverse in the district. It has great art programs. I am currently in advanced media arts. My media arts class is the most advanced out of the district. We are the only school in the district with a 3D printer. Also this year chute is teaming up with Verizon to get iPads for every student attending chute. This is really great because now kids who don't have a computer at home or who don't have WiFi can access there school work easily. Chute offers advanced math classes going up to geometry! We also have an amazing atheltic program. We have a huge gym with 6 volleyball nets, 6 basketball hoops, a climbing wall, and a high ropes course indoors. Outside we have 4 soccer fields, and 2 basketball hoops. When i grow up i want to send my children to chute!

We were extremely and happily surprised that our son's years in Middle School were the happiest in his school career thus far! Chute Middle School provides all students with the structure and support they need to succeed. The teachers and staff are accessible and approachable to both parents and students. The plain exterior of the school belies what is inside, especially the beautiful garden courtyard in the center of the building. This school is a testament to what can happen with good leadership: the principal, Mr. Mac, tells everyone at the beginning of the year "everything is my business." He follows up to make sure all students feel safe and cared for. We are so grateful that our son wound up here!

Chute students come from three elementary feeder school in District 65: Dawes, Oakton and Walker. They enjoy a host of extra curriculars from competitive after-school athletic opportunities to art clubs, high quality drama, orchestra, chorus and band performances, recycling clubs, Math Olympiad, student council and much more.

Chute is a Title 1 school that has not met its school grade in the years that our child has attended Chute. The District has raised the maximum class size from 25 students per class to 30. this affected our child's math and english class size - two core subjects for student success. Our child's teachers have been extremely uncommunicative and my husband and I have substaintial concerns regarding the quality of education our child is receiving. We have been very disappointed with the response of principal and vice principal in addressing our concerns, and communications with teachers did not improve over the course of the school year.

This is a fantastic school. My son started this year and I have been very impressed with the Principal and teachers. They keep intouch with parents, respond to emails and are helping prepare the kids for high school.

I go to this school, and am only in 6th grade, but from what i heard at my old school, Oakton, it is great. Good lunch food, good school setup, and finally all the "bad" student behavior is our life and examples. In response to parent one star may 5 2007s dislike of the school, i'd say the the disrespect of adults is just us being more independent than private school zombies. We're poor, yet we get on. Horrifying isnt it. single-minded students. We are just not impressionable little obedience bags, we're people. About special needs kids, we treat them as equals, not different people.

My daughter is about to complete her 3rd and final year at Chute. I can say that there is no other school I would rather she would have gone to. I wish my son had gone to Chute as well. The principal, Mr. Mac is as good as it gets! I wish he could come over to ETHS and help straighten out some of their problems! Excellent school, dedicated staff and they prepare the students (if the students try) for college prep high schools.

Because of their dedication to providing excellent education opportunies for all students.

Last modified Chute Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.