Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Cirruculum prepares for high school. extracirruculum sports and activities available 6th grade all A's 7th grade all A's so far.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child attended this school and experience a large amount of bullying and cover ups by the staff. There is unforntuanately favoritism for certain students who belong to certain long time and prevail aged Evanston families. I would not recommend this school for any child who wants to develop properly into a well rounded high schooler.

This is my sons first year. I have two major complaints, about this school. Since the begining of the school year, I have had a very hard time, in the "Parent to Staff" relations department. Often, teachers/staff do not inform parents, that their child is having problems, until too late. I have also found it difficult, with communicating successfully, with the principle. Plus, the chain of command is choppy. There's a huge gap in communication between staff and parents. I find that, if you do not persistantly ask about your childs progress, then you will never know. Pop up visits to the school are highly recommend. Secondly, I believe the school should spend more time, with helping students to properly intergrate and adjust socially. There are various problems with bullying, and many students stay segregated into groups, from their home schools. Problems like these have become a major issue for my child. He feels the environment is not a possitive or encouraging. Out of concern, that his grades may start to suffer; I am now looking at another school, for my son.

It seems like a lot of the ratings for this school are out-of-date. Haven seems to have been through some rough times a few years ago, but it has definitely turned a corner. My son, who is in 7th grade, has had wonderful teachers. The principal seems extremely competent and on top of things. The only problem is the fact that the school is currently over-subscribed and that this problem will get worse in the next few years because of lack of funds by district 65.

This is my child's first year at Haven, she's a 7th grader and came from a tiny school. During our move I have reached out the principal several times and never heard back. I am not happy with the leadership at the school at all. My daughter comments that she never sees the principals. The music program is excellent and she is loving Spanish and math is challenging. I believe she has excellent teachers. Her English teacher told us, at conferences, that she scored so high on the MAP test that she worries that they'll be nothing left to teach her. I took it as a compliment, but her father got worried - what are they going to do about that, was his question. With this lackluster leadership, I'm really worried myself. Thank God Evanston has been improving it's partnership with Northwestern, so she'll still be challenged.

This is my daughter's first year at Haven and she loves it. I, on the other hand, am not impressed. I feel the teachers are afraid to step in and control the students. The students who are well-behaved and do the work are looked over. I have already had to contact a teacher about questions. I think the it is fortunate for us our daughter is interested in utting in the effort to learn. We have to put in a lot of time to encourage her. The school does nothing. Even she has said that she doesn't feel like she is challenged. I am sorry we enrolled her here.

There is a great music program at Haven, sports, and arts. Most importantly, we need to teach our kids what it means to be responsible students, that it is ok to go to study hall after school or find time with their teacher to ask for the help they need, because there are some very good ones at Haven willing give an extra hand.

I dont like Haven at all. My childreen went there and they said that hey hated it. I dont think you should recamend this school to anybody. It is bad and you shouldnt go there.

I went to Haven back in the mid 70's and turned out awesome because of the teaching staff and principal!They were extremely awesome then, especially the then principal Lorraine Morton. I owe alot to the staff there for teaching and guiding me the way they did and what they did! I'm very proud to say I went to school there!

Last modified Haven Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.