Posted December 05, 2014
My daughter started kindergarten this year in Mrs.Hale's classroom and she loves it. I am amazed at how global her development has been in the short time since she started. The school emphasizes physical activity, social behavior in addition to challenging academics. We love the community that supports this school, the very active and hardworking PTA as well as the invested teachers.

Posted September 23, 2013
"The Lincolnwood School community is committed to fostering a love for learning by providing a safe, meaningful, and high quality instructional environment that empowers and motivates all students to achieve their full potential to become positive, contributing members of society." The mission statement of the school rings true! Lincolnwood engages its students from academics to personal interests. There are clubs and sports, school spirit activities, etc. The reason why I want Lincolnwood to win $5000 is because of the PTA. The PTA is caring and actively engaged in the students' well-being. They even ensure scholarships are always possible to give to those who may not have so much money to join clubs, sports, and field trips. Funding must be tough though, because the members of the PTA are always creatively raising money for Lincolnwood. They deserve a break! I vote for Lincolnwood!

Posted September 13, 2013
My daughter is in kindergarden at Lincolnwood Elementary. She gets excited to go to school everyday and loves her teacher Mrs. Hale. They have a fun learning environment and keep children enriched in excellent adventures. She comes home everyday with an amazing story. At Lincolnwood every child is a superstar!

Lincolnwood Elementary School 2

Posted April 16, 2013
I am a student who went to this school. I loved a lot about it. The extracurriculars and fine arts were great. However, the academics struck me as unsatisfactory. I learned all I got from this school with my 3rd and 4th grade teachers. The cultural experience/education was bad, too. Now I go to an IB school and I find it more rigorous. Plus, it gives you credits for college. I think Lincolnwood should include a program like that to make it appealing to parents. (Also, maybe some new teachers would help)

Posted May 10, 2012
Lincolnwood is a wonderful school. Teachers promote and expect high achievement from all of its students. The Teachers and their programs are excellent. I have had two children attend Lincolnwood and both have loved it.

Lincolnwood Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2010
The cliques for the girls start at such a young age! This needs to be addressed better by teachers and staff. I think that the parent cliques model this behavior. I agree that the PTA needs to work more on showing inclusiveness for all types of Lincolnwood families rather than on how much money they can raise . Promoting a healthy school climate could be a new focus for the PTA- they seem to have plenty of volunteers.

Lincolnwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
All of my grandchildren have gone through Lincolnwood school. The teachers/staff and parents work so well together. It has a real family like feel. The education is phenomenal. There are so many resources, activities and extra curricular events within the school and the community that the school helps to promote. Evanston is a great community to raise children. Lincolnwood supports great parenting and grand parenting. I have always volunteered at the school one day a week and I am loving every minute of interacting with the staff and students.

Lincolnwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Lincolnwood school is a caring and safe learning environment with amazing supportive parents.

Lincolnwood Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2009
The school is beautiful--in a lovely setting with good facilities and a fantastic music teacher who stages annual musicals that include every child in the school. Teachers seem involved, caring and competent. But I very much agree with others here that there is a cluby, elitist atmosphere amongst the PTA that organizes all the extra-curricular events (and even some school hour events). They tend to be clueless about issues of ethnic and economic diversity. And when people make suggestions about how to be more inclusive, they are not open to them. It is a shame, as the school has many other things going for it. A good PTA could make this a superb school.

Lincolnwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
I have 2 children at Lincolnwood and we have been very pleased with the quality of the programs, the teachers and the principal. I've alway felt the teachers know my children and care about them. The principal has always been responsive to me with big or small issues. It's not perfect, but I know they spend a lot of time working on any issues that come up, be it lunch room problem or parking lot logistics.

Lincolnwood Elementary School
2600 Colfax Street, Evanston, IL  60201
Last modified Lincolnwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincolnwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top