Bad
Good

My child attended King Arts for seven years. His experience was great, until he got to the sixth grade. His teacher harassed and bullied him. Made racists comments and made him sit on the floor. Even when he tried to sit at the table with his classmates she denied him a chair. He is in the seventh grade and this teacher still goes out of her way to approach my child and bully him. I brought our situation to the principle attention and then to the district. The teacher was instructed not to have contact with my child. My child is very uncomfortable at school because of this teacher. We are planning to move out of the district. It saddens me that he will not graduate from King Arts with his friends.

We're so pleased to be a part of the King Arts community! Principal Brown and the teachers at our school are all very involved, committed and caring. We love the various arts programs and couldn't be happier here!

We've been at King Arts for the past 3 years. Most of the teachers are very good. The principal, Dr. Brown, is amazing. There is a strong PTA. If you get involved you'll soon get to know many of the staff, administration and other parents. We love the fine arts and literary focus. My 2nd grader just performed in the 2nd grade musical Willy Wonka Jr. All of the fine arts teachers are top notch.

Martin Luther King JR Lab School has now been renamed Martin Luther King Jr. Literary & Fine Arts School -- but, it is still the same great school. This public school is a model for others in the area. With a very diverse population, this school meets the needs of all. Whether a student has special educational needs, physical disabilities, or is a student with average to above-average or "gifted" abilities, this school works with every parent and each student. I have had an affiliation with or taught within many fine schools -- MLK junior teaches academics, builds upon creativity, and emphasizes cooperation and character building to each child that enters here. If all public schools sought to meet these standards, our school systems and citizenry would not be in such a state of turmoil. Kudos to MLK jr Literary and Fine Arts School in Evanston, Illinois.

My children are getting a very good education. They are in a diverse school setting and learning respect for all people. The teachers & staff are great! The principal,(Dr. Brown) is fantastic!!! KL is meeting all of my children's needs. I feel very lucky to be able to send my children to King Lab.

In our two years at King Lab, we've been extremely happy with the school. The teachers are so involved and caring. We're lucky to have such a great, unique and diverse school.

What a great group of teachers, parents and kids! We feel lucky to be at KL.

The teachers are excellent and I am looking forward to sending all my boys to King Lab and having as many different teachers as possible. That way I can get to know most of the faculty.

The arts program is amazing! Having kindergarteners through 8th grade in one building is a great asset to both the primary age and the middle school.

The teachers & families are wonderful. Everyone pitches in to make the school as good as it can be. The PTA goes out of their way to ensure that we keep art and music in the curriculum. We are so happy to be a part of this community!

Last modified M L King Jr Lab Experimental School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.