Bad
Good

Orrington school has over 100 years of history and continuously offers new events where every student and parent can be involved in. PTA is actively working to improve learning environments here.

This is an amazing school. The teachers really care about the students. They provide lots of attention and opportunities to both gifted and less-gifted kids. The parents are extremely involved (maybe a bit too involved at times). Facilities are in great shape.

We've been thrilled by our experience at Orrington. In my daughter's previous school, she went under the radar invisible to her teachers as a good student who loved her work and stayed out of trouble. Here, she's challenged and encouraged. I'm most impressed by how well the teachers manage to equip the children with social skills (very little bullying, unlike our previous school). The community of parents is super friendly and seems to look out for one another. All in all, wonderful!

Orrington School is exceptional! We are in our first year at this school, and I could not be happier with my child's teacher and the school's principal. My child's teacher is wonderful and very communicative. The principal is very hands on, he greets children as they come off the bus in the AM and is right there at the bus line to send them off at the end of the day. The PTA is amazingly well organized and keep parents well informed of events and activities at the school. From my limited knowledge, it does seem to be the least ethnically and financially diverse of the Evanston elementary schools, but overall it is a great learning environment.

Teachers and staff are fine but the principal is very difficult to work with. There is an especially nice custodian.

my kids just started from this school and I was overwhelmed by the warm welcome from the principal and teachers. They are friendly and amazingly hospitable. I found the school and it's ammenities stunning. I hope my kids will pick up fast and get along quick. It was a right decision for me.

Excellent teachers, principle and staff always putting the child first! Also, a wonderful group of parents busy working for the school and for their children.

My biggest complaint is the class size. There are 25 kids in my daughters 1st grade class with only one teacher. Evanston does not even have teacher assistants. We had the same experience with kindergarten. Would like to see more afterschool programs/clubs.

We have been at Orrington for 12 years so far and still going. Our four children received excellent educations by very dedicated and enthusiatic teachers and support staff. Everyone, social workers, reading specialists, school secretaries, janitorial staff, etc. goes beyond their duty. I can imagine a more nurturing, supportive environment. The diverse student population (most ESL students start out here) further adds to this great school's unique place on the North Shore.

Last modified Orrington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.