Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Impressed by Walker principal, staff and devoted PTA! My two oldest have been here since K and they also have a deep love for their school. The community is outstanding, diversity is not only seen but also embraced, and every child is considered an individual, not just one piece of a whole.

Wonderful experience for our daughter, she has thrived under every teacher she has had since Kindergarten and is well prepared academically and socially for middle school. The Principal has been great...excellent music program and a dedicated PTA.

My daughter has almost completed her sixth year at Walker. The experience completely exceeded our expectations. I am so thrilled our twin girls will be starting kindergarten here in the Fall of 2015. Each teacher our daughter had was outstanding in my views. The communication, support, and the extra time each teacher spent with my daughter was exceptional. I have friends at almost every elementary school in the district and my daughter's test scores are on par with their children's scores. We are not minority or economically disadvantaged, and English is her first language, and yes, there are many students here that are. But we did not find that it took away from my child's experience (as in taking up teacher's resources, as many would be concerned), it only ENRICHED her school experience to be in such an incredibly diverse student body. She and her peers often volunteered to assist new students from other countries acclimate. I strongly urge anyone looking in Walker school to talk to those of us who have children there for a length of time, and not to those who have not even had children attend there.

Was not a good fit for my son. The kindergarten teach was a bit rough and there didn't seem to be a lot of cohension in the school. The new principal seems promising.

The staff is wonderful, it has a great well rounded program and creates a great community for the kids and their families.

There is so much staff and parent involvement that my children really enjoy learning. Everyone knows everyone and this makes them feel special. I also believe it makes them try harder.

Walker School have some of the best teachers on staff. The diversity of the school is wonderful. Parents presence at the school is HUGE! The education program at Walker is one of the best, and they have the test score to proof that. GO WALKER!

Walker has a warm and friendly feel to it for both parents and students. The teachers my daughter has had thus far have been incredibly nurturing and supportive of her development both socially as well as academically. Walker is great!

Walker is a fanstic school, in a wonderful community with a great principal and a great staff.

I love everything about Walker! The teachers are wonderful. The parent community is like one big family. We all work together for the best interest of our children and each other.

Last modified Walker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.