Evanston, IL

Posted October 31, 2014
We're new to the school, but a few months in, our experience has been great. I keep expecting the honeymoon phase to end, but as I talk to more and more families that have been at Kingsley for years, I'm coming to the realization that it may actually be as good as it seems. The teachers and administrators are excellent, the parent community is involved and supportive, and we've just been really impressed (and relieved - since our choice to enroll our son in Kingsley was based on the purchase of a home, not on the school in particular).

Posted October 27, 2014
The school environment at Kingsley is caring, dedicated to students and supportive for all families. My children have grown academically with some of the best teachers around but more importantly they are growing to become generous, responsible and thoughtful citizens thru this wonderful community. The principal is outstanding and parent involvement remarkable.

Posted August 26, 2014
Kingsley is a phenomenal community of parents, administrators, and teachers. The Kingsley community is dedicated to excellent education, providing each student with the academic, social, and emotional supports they need.

Posted March 25, 2014
The new principal (Ms. Murray) is very professional and is doing a great job -- she is very responsive to parent questions and concerns. At Kingsley, most parents are very involved and active in the school. Kindergarten is a particular strong point at Kingsley, with a "star lineup" of 3 truly outstanding and dedicated teachers (Shropshire, Post, Heite).

Posted October 30, 2012
Kingsley is a terrific school! We couldn't be happier. My wife and I are both teachers, and we also have seven years of experience with our oldest children at a different Evanston public school, so we have a pretty informed perspective on school quality. The school is full of excellent teachers who deliver the district curriculum while also adding in their own creativity, new activities, and differentiation. Parent involvement couldn't be better, aided by a wonderful school environment that the principal sets which welcomes parents in as partners. We had previously been at an elementary school that viewed parents as the enemy and the tone here at Kingsley couldn't be more different! The principal, Ms. Davis, pulls off an outstanding balancing act of pleasing everyone while also remaining firm and not existing solely to please parents. Teacher and students seem to love her, too.

Posted October 27, 2010
Before we moved from Evanston our children attended a magnet school in town. We moved away for several years and moved back to town this summer. I have to say that Kingsley was an excellent choice for us. The teachers are stern but caring and the academic rigor is great and keeps my extremely bright boys engaged. There is immediate response to behavior issues and the principal and faculty have jumped on areas of deficit with my boys and given them the help they need to succeed. The PTA is amazing, organized and creative. I'm blown away by how efficiently the school is run, it truly is a warm and welcoming cornerstone of the community. My boys come home every day beaming about how awesome their day was - that makes me love this school!

Posted October 01, 2010
My son is in the 2nd grade at kingsley...and has been there since kindergarten. He has been part of the inclusion program- to which has been very succesful. My husband and I salute all of the wonderful caring teachers and staff at kingsley for all of their hard work and caring of all of the kingsley students.

Kingsley Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2010
We have one child who has been at Kingsley for 3 years and one who will start in the fall. We are extremely happy with Kingsley and highly recommend it. The teachers are fantastic and so is the parent community. We have been very pleased with the academics and value the diversity in the community.

Posted May 19, 2010
My husband and I explored all private school options before selecting Kingsley (public) for our son, now in first grade. The school, teachers, PTA, curriculum, available programs and activities are all marvelous. I cannot believe how well my first-grader reads and he is already doing fractions in math. A far cry from my childhood education. My son is already bilingual and happily told us that he is ready to conquer Spanish as well, one of two language programs available at Kingsley (the other is Mandarin, but language programs do require a separate charge). The administration is supportive, and the family network is tremendous. I so look forward to my daughter beginning her time at Kingsley this fall.

Kingsley Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2010
We have two children at Kingsley - a second grader and a kindergartner. Our older son is on the autistic spectrum, though highly functional. Our experience with special services in District 65 and Kingsley, in particular, has been very positive. The strong and active PTA has been critical to providing all the "extras." We consider ourselves very fortunate to have Kingsley as our neighborhood school.

Kingsley Elementary School
2300 Green Bay Road, Evanston, IL  60201
Last modified Kingsley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingsley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top