K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted November 10, 2015
Saint A's is the hidden gem of the North Shore. The school provides a strong academic foundation in a loving faith-based environment. The teachers are great and the dedication of the staff is apparent at all levels. I've been extremely impressed with the school's participation in a wide variety of charitable community projects. We've been very happy with our experience at the school and our daughter loves it!

Posted September 26, 2014
Our daughter transferred here in 6th grade, as the already overcrowded public middle school in our neighborhood was slated to grow by 100+ students without adding teachers. At St. A's our daughter's 6th and 7th grade classes have been ideally sized (about 17-20 per class) and she has had innovative, and exciting teachers. We are especially impressed by her the social studies teachers, who are dynamos...as well as her English teacher. This is not a stodgy old fashioned Catholic school. Most of the teachers have MAs and are using newer teaching methods, some very creative. (for instance, Her social studies teacher in 7th grade is having the students analyze primary documents to gain appreciations of social history...something we did not do until college!). As a result, she loves school. Our only complaint is that there is far too much homework...but I guess that is a common complaint in all schools today!

St Athanasius Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2013
St. Athanasius, a Blue Ribbon School, is a wonderful place to learn. It has an excellent curriculum and loving teachers. My childrens' favorite memories are the book report dioramas, the Native American Indian Village project, the timelines with photographs of their life and the Flat Stanley travel assignment and bulletin board!

Posted January 23, 2012
Saint A's is well worth the financial commitment for our family. The enthusiastic teachers at St. A's give each child the time & attention he/she needs to help them excel. I couldn't ask for a better learning environment! You can feel the love and connectedness when you walk in the doors- between the students, parents, teachers... St. As is an amazing school community providing so much opportunity for the students!

Posted December 10, 2011
We are thrilled with the education our children are receiving at St. Athanasius. There are many truly amazing teachers who care about the children and challenge them to excel, the sense of community is wonderful and parents are very involved. The education is first rate, there are many opportunities for children to development leadership skills, and the atmosphere is nurturing.

Posted December 08, 2011
St. Athanasius provides and outstanding educational experience for grades k-8. The challenging, supportive and nurturing community and staff help each individual child make the most of their potential. Whether a child needs a helping hand, enrichment to satisfy advanced skills or something in between, St. A's is attentive to each student. They focus on the whole child. The parent community is involved, accomplished and welcoming. 5+ stars!

St Athanasius Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2010
I go to St.Athanasius, and I'm in 7th grade. Throughout my young years as a student here, I loved it. When I reached 5th grade, I didnt love it as much. In 6th grade, I dint really like it, either. This was because the teachers were not the best, the Math program was terrible, and the kids were a little mean, too. Now I'm in 7th grade. I think the Community of parents are very kind, but that may be the only amazing thing I can find about this school. Im Unit D, the Teachers dont really answer questions, nor help you understand it. I also had some people be mean to me, not the best school....

St Athanasius Elementary School

Posted November 03, 2009
It is warm, friendly, spirited, nurturing, inspiring, challenging, old-school values with new methods of teaching.

Posted October 30, 2009
St. A's provides educational excellence as well as ethical values. It is worth every penny and then some.

Posted February 27, 2009
St. Athanasius is an outstanding community of involved parents and dedicated teachers with a well developed curriculum. Class sizes are kept small and the lower grades all have teacher's aides. I would strongly recommend St. A's to prospective families. Make sure you are aware of application deadlines. There has been a wait list in recent years.

St Athanasius Elementary School
2510 Ashland Avenue, Evanston, IL  60201
Last modified St Athanasius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8