PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I only gave this school four stars instead of five because it really lacks diversity. Other than that this school is above and beyond what any parent can ask for. The staff and parents are so welcoming to new families. You don't feel like a stranger for very long. The community is awesome! Everyone looks out for each other and becomes more like family than neighbors! Carrie, the principal, is great army her job and so is Jan the Secretary. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Great school, but diversity is lacking - I was a student there - class of '82

Our experience at St. Joan of Arc has been nothing short of outstanding. We moved from the City to the Evanston community ten years ago. We were embraced by the school and it has been an exceptional experience. The community embraces all students, stresses the importance of education, respect, committment, giving to others, leadership and community involvement. We believe this is the best kept secret on the North Shore. A hidden jewel among several other choices. The Principal and Teachers are firm, committed and caring. Every student matters at St. Joan. We have been so fortunate to have landed in such an outstanding community!

We thank God our three young men had the experience of St. Joan of Arc as a child. In this every changing world with all the pressures youth endure, the school provided a consistent basis of morality, respect, spirituality and service to others. I am very proud of how my boys have matured along with their school mates. The kids got a solid education and I was truly impressed at their HS graduations to realize that the majority of their grade school friends were in the top ranks academically as well as honors for their service to others and extracurricular activities in which they were involved. St. Joan of Arc is a unique and dynamic school with a caring, connected staff led by a top-notch principal.

I have had three children attend this fabulous "treasure" of a school; two have graduated onto high school and college and one is just finishing at SJA. I would highly recommend this school to all parents---it is the perfect combination of academics and caring. Ms. Hampson, the current principal is incredible. She has a great vision for the future while ensuring high quality education on a daily basis. Also, Ms. Hampson along with the teachers really get to know the students, care about them and instill a love of learning--verus just getting grades. They also have the abilty to differentiate learning so that a child can build on its strengths while working on their weaknesses. You notice a major difference in the children who attend and graduate from SJA--they are articulate, poised, caring and hard-working. We can't truly say enough good things about SJA.

Both of my children have attended St. Joan of Arc School (SJA) from K-8th grade. Both tested into honors in HS and felt they were well prepared for their course load. SJA has a strong focus on academics and student leadership that is unparalleled in our area. Class size is small so teachers have the ability to use progressive teaching techniques that support the highest achieveing students in the class as well as those who may need extra assistance. Manners, community service, and a respect for all are instilled in the children from the moment they enter the school and reinforced throughout their tenure. I feel very lucky that our family has had the oppotunity to experience a truly fantastic K-8 well-rounded educational institution.

My two kids have come through St. Joan and it has provided a tremendous foundation for them as they moved into their high school career. St Joan kids consistetnly achieve at a higher level in high school than students from other middle schools. Tuition is lower than most Catholic schools on the North Shore as well!

We have four children who attend St. Joan of Arc school. They range in age from pre-school to 6th grade. Our children have really thrived in the early childhood program. The teachers have provided a safe and nurturing environment for the kids to learn and play with new friends. In the elementary grades, our children have been challenged by excellent teachers, developed great study skills, and made long-lasting friendships. They love being part of all the SJA sports teams and enjoy the meaningful extracurricular activities that are offered each day! I would highly recommend this school to any parent!

I have 3 children enrolled here and since the beginning (pre-school) we have found this to be a wonderful, nurturing environment for all of them. The school has challenged my kids academically and offers a variety of extracurricular activities (ie: band, Science Olympiad, sports. etc...). There are numerous school events where all students can participate allowing each of them to "shine" and as a result my children have grown to be quite comfortable when required to speak in public. I find the teachers to be outstanding; a trend that has continued when a new hire is brought on staff. Parental participation is also a big reason this school works! Great school!

I have 3 children at this wonderful, Catholic school and believe it to be the best decision we ever made. I have witnessed how well prepared children who graduate from SJA are for high school (public and private) and beyond. Support and participation is necessary from families to make it work and personally we have found that whatever we put into this school we get back ten fold. You get what you give...

Last modified St Joan Of Arc Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8