No rating

Queen Of Martyrs Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 396 students

Living in Evergreen Park

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $135,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted August 5, 2013

I have four children currently attending Queen of Martyrs school. My oldest is set to graduate this year, and my youngest is entering first grade. We have experienced each and every teacher from pre-k to the junior high. As parents, we are very pleased with the education we have received at Queen of Martyrs. We have encountered so many teachers that have taken extra time to work with our children when it was needed. The strong foundation my children are building at this school will be an asset to them when they start high school. This school provides many programs and sports opportunities for the students. My children are developing into well rounded individuals as a result of the wonderful faculty and staff at Queen of Martyrs school. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 5, 2013

Queen of Martyrs School is a dynamic and rich environment that all three of my children are thriving in! My husband and I have spent many nights debating public versus parochial school for our children. We are fortunate to have choices around us but are grateful that we made the sacrifice and have choosen Queen of Martyrs. We have not had a regret since. The teachers that my children have had thus far have gone above and beyond what I believe is expected in the classroom. They are passionate for their profession and it is reflected in my kids. My children LOVE school.

Posted July 7, 2013

I do not recommend this school. The parents run the school and will do anything to cover the wrong that the children do. As a result, the school if full of cliques, racism, jealousy, identity theft and bullying as well as cyber bullying.

Posted August 28, 2012

Ever since I have been dealing with this school it's has been nothing but smiles. I am so happy my 4 year old daugther will be attending Queen of Martyrs this year. Her teacher Mrs. Peggy has an amazing persona. Hope to be working with them for years to come.

Posted April 5, 2012

Queen of Martyrs is an excellent school that is truly focused on providing the best education possible for their students. My children love it there and started at Queen of Martyrs with their preschool program, which is top of the line. The teachers are wonderful and help to create a caring environment for the students. I am very happy to be a part of such a wonderful school and parish.

Posted August 17, 2011

I am very happy with the wonderful education that my children have recieved. The staff goes above and beyond what is expected of them. My children are very happy and excited when they begin a new school year. All concerns that I have had have always been addressed in a timely manner. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The school has many programs that the children can join and grow emotionally and socially. I plan on sending our 4 year old there next year.

Posted August 16, 2011

The school provides a wonderful foundation for my children. I am very happy with the teachers. There are several young teachers that are very enthusiastic about their profession and encourage the children to do their best and succeed. There is a strong sense of family at the school. There are many, many families who volunteer at the school to provide all the children with a great sense of community from cub scouts, girl scouts, youth ministry and many other activities and organizations. In addition, the students display the knowledge that they have gained from the school in the terra nova test reults. We are very happy and hope you discover what our family has.

Posted August 16, 2011

I am very pleased with Queen of Martyrs. My children have received a wonderful education. Their staff is young and enthusiastic. The children excel and the standardized test scores are exceptional. The school has made a wonderful effort to reach out to the community and include them in the Queen of Martyrs family. It is a wonderful choice for a Catholic School.

Posted July 27, 2011

We have been sending our children to Queen of Martyrs for 3 years and they are very happy. The teachers are great and the pre-k program is terrific, we can't wait for our 4 year old to attend the all day program. the school community had been fragmented in the past but recently has really come together to build a great community. Like every school, there are some shortcomings but compared to the options we looked at, QM offers a great place for the children.

Posted June 22, 2011

QofM is a great school! It promotes Catholic identity and prepares our children for the real world. The teachers are enthusiastic and well prepared. The school is really a close knit community that has great family orientated activities: Cirque Amongus, Martyrs Fest, Home Coming, Trivia Night, Walk-a-Thon, and so many more. My children enjoy learning here and we have the school and community to thank. The students are more than prepared for high school and ready the challenges that will face academically and socially. Great school!

Posted May 25, 2011

I have thoroughly enjoyed my children's educational experience at Queen of Martyrs . They have truly provided a wonderful foundation academically and spiritually. The teachers continually strive to educate our children to the best of their ability. The students excel and achieve excellent standardized test scores. The sense of the Martyrs family is aparent often in the carious things the school families do for each other. I would encourage you to see for yourself what I have experienced.

Posted January 31, 2011

I decided to take my son out of Queen of Martyrs after he was treated so horribly. The other kids called him names he didn't even know what they meant. He was in second grade. The teachers and the principal didn't do anything about it or seem to care. The parents were in on it too. This was not a onetime instance. Over time this seemed to dull his personality and effect his self esteem. My son is an A student and was ridiculed because he was smart and enjoyed school. I moved him to the local public school and he is thriving and full of personality. The whole environment at Queen of Martyrs is not conducive to learning. If you didn't go to school there then your kids aren't a part of the "cool" group and are ostracized. It's a shame that my son is learning more morals and ethics at the public school. The test scores at the public school are far superior to Queen of Martyrs anyway. If you want your child to be bullied then send them to Queen of Martyrs, otherwise spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Posted May 6, 2010

I believe that Queen of Martyrs school does a fine job preparing its students for high school. I have one child that graduated, tested into Honors/AP level courses, and maintains a high GPA. My other child enrolled at this school also maintains honor roll status. If I thought the learning environment was not up to par, my child wouldn't be there.

Posted March 16, 2009

Queen of Martyrs is a great school if you have a mature, responsible and above-average intelligent child. If you have a child that is slower at developing emotionally, a little behind in a certain subject, and is picked on by other classmates then this school is by far as poor as they come. And if your child suffers from a chronic illness, don't expect any support or cooperate from the principal or teachers who have been there forever. I can't wait until this year is over because we will be done with this once great school.

Posted November 30, 2008

As the mother of four children, I have nothing but positive things to say about the school. Two have graduated and excelled in the honors programs of their high schools and two are current students. I have found the principal to be receptive to ideas and opinions. Find it difficult to believe some of these 'parent reviewers' would continue to send their children to the school if they feel it is only worthy of one star. The school is above average and children will reap the benefits if their parents are involved and positive about their education.

Posted October 14, 2008

Principal & Pastor run the school in a my way or no way policy. They are not people friendly & they are not kid friendly. If these two were gone, the school would be a much better place & more families would probaly get involved more. These 'men' need personality & people skills.

Posted October 3, 2008

I read the reviews written by the other parents. They can't be speaking about the same school as I am?! and if they are ~wait! Where should I begin, the top? The principal has no leadership skills. He is not respected by the intermediate grades. He is a poor role model, one who speaks down to the children. They resent and dislike him. He continually says he is there to support the families and students, and he has no follow through. Very sad, especially when students are looking at their teachers as future role models. Attitude reflects leadership! He is gets back what gives! The curriculum is good, and so much more can be done for higher achievement! Some of the teachers need to realize if they were teaching 20 years ago, times have changed. Students should be engaged in their learning, not dictated to! Can't wait for my kids to graduate!

Posted December 1, 2007

Queen of Martyrs is a great school that is all I can say, it is hard to describe it because it is so wonderful, you just would have to see for yourself.

Posted August 21, 2007

I currently have two children attending Queen of Martyrs and all of us (my husband and myself and the two children) could not be happier. The children both are in classes where the class size is kept under 26 children. There are classes that have more children, and they generally always get and aide to work with them. The tuition is on the high side but I will always choose to pay more in tuition if the class size continues to stay as low as it is. The children are able to be involved in many schools activities (sports, choir, Scouts, art)and are lead by many great volunteer parents. The families we have met through the school are family oriented where their priority is to raise good, productive, respectful children who value their friends and school environment. We all could not be happier with Queen of Martyrs.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Michael Krsek
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Chicago

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3550 West 103rd Street