Flossmoor, IL

Heather Hill Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if the teachers and principals or friends of the teachers and principals are writing these reviews. The truth shall set us free. This school is NOT all what they're making it out to be. If you don't believe this review, please register your child in this school and see what experience you get out of it.

Posted November 03, 2011
After reading the last review, I have to share my personal experiences from the 2010-2011 school year, as a parent. I brought a serious concern regarding my child's academic experience to the principal. She truly listened to my concern and actively addressed the problem with the teacher. Throughout the year, she kept my child's best interest in mind, while working with me and the teacher. I felt that she valued my concerns and did not jump to the defense of the teacher. She was an advocate for my child. I can't speak for the district administration's involvement because it didn't go that far.

Heather Hill Elementary School 3

Posted July 05, 2011
The 2010-11 school year was less than favorable. I think a lot has do with a major turn over in several key administrative positions. The principal didn't show strong leadership with tenured teachers and those with more dominant or aggressive personalities. Issues with those teachers were never brought to resolution, even on the district level. With both the principal and superintendent leaving, it was a disheartening year to have concerns properly dealt with. I have been in the district for 6 years and have many more ahead with multiple children and I am a very active PTO member. I sincerely hope with the new administration, Heather Hill and the district overall will become stronger, more positive and more academically competitive.

Heather Hill Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2010
My child has attended Heather Hill for 3 years and I feel the discipline is good. Any concern I have had has been addressed to my satisfaction. I am pleased with the extra help provided if needed in academic areas. I especially like the teacher my child has this year.

Posted March 31, 2009
I am very satisfied with this school. The new principal is OUTSTANDING. I do wish more parents would participate in THEIR school. The teachers and principal cannot do it all. However, everything is present here for the kid and their parents to take advantage of, again parents are key in the development of their child and school.

Heather Hill Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2009
I can't speak for everyone, but my experience at Heather Hill has been positive. We have been blessed with very good teachers. The new principal is friendly, supportive and generous with her time and attention.

Posted March 27, 2009
As an extremely active parent and PTO member, I can only say that the negative reviews concerning child discipline, teacher moral and parent participation are absolutely untrue. Our principal's leadership is outstanding and our pool of active parents is strong.

Heather Hill Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2008
The school offers a good academic program, however teacher turn around is too high, test scores are going down, PTO is ...well .... I don't know, not together. There is not enough parent participation and diversity is going in the other direction. I have to say though, my kid likes it and is doing well and has enjoyed the teachers and friends. Of course some of that is because we work hard to insure that education is a priority and we are involved in school activities and programs.

Posted May 25, 2008

Posted May 25, 2008

Heather Hill Elementary School
1439 Lawrence Crescent, Flossmoor, IL  60422
Last modified Heather Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heather Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top