Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

This question is a bit challenging to measure. My daughter not only received weekly homework packets but she has access to numerous educational computer programs that she works on throughout the week. So I believe homework is sufficient

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity and treating people fairly are all character traits. Character Counts is a core principle of Heather Hills Elementary

Great teachers, solid curriculum and most important there is strong parent involvement! We are a community that cares!

Heather Hill is a good school. I have been in SD161 for 5 years. I don't believe that one bad teacher spoils the bunch. The teachers are awesome and work hard at educating our childre. The teacher sincerely care about educating the students and want to see them excel. The school has heavy resources in many areas that surrounding community don't. What I will say is lacking is parent involvement. Jump in and see how wonderful the school is and the potential it holds with more parent involvement. I love Heather Hill and will continue to support our wonderful school.

As an active parent with a child currently attending the school, I can say that things are not perfect. With that said - there's no perfect environment anywhere... The net on this school is that we have a great principal and wonderful teachers. School technology is where it needs to be and the environment is safe. The sad thing is that over the past few years there has been a rather nasty undertone that has made its way into the conversation here...This has led to an ugly narrative that things are bad at this school because of the changing demographic (i.e. Black folks have arrived). This is tragic because you've got a lot of active, intelligent and highly educated people of all types here who care VERY much about the achievement of all the kids in the environment. Like in any community, it takes a village and the village is aware of the achievement gap and is ACTIVELY taking action. Good things are happening here and as a dedicated parent and community member, I can assure future residents that simply moving on the 'other side' of the tracks will not guarantee your child a better experience... No matter what, you still need to spend time with your kids to help them learn, it's a parent-teacher partnership - no matter where you go. Be careful who you listen too because this is a great and very safe community to live in. Paying 10k extra in taxes will not guarantee you or your child a better experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if the teachers and principals or friends of the teachers and principals are writing these reviews. The truth shall set us free. This school is NOT all what they're making it out to be. If you don't believe this review, please register your child in this school and see what experience you get out of it.

I rate my children schooll at a 10 if there is such a rating. I am very pleased to be apart of the Heather Hills family. The principal is outstanding, the staff is wonder and the teacher are the very BEST.

After reading the last review, I have to share my personal experiences from the 2010-2011 school year, as a parent. I brought a serious concern regarding my child's academic experience to the principal. She truly listened to my concern and actively addressed the problem with the teacher. Throughout the year, she kept my child's best interest in mind, while working with me and the teacher. I felt that she valued my concerns and did not jump to the defense of the teacher. She was an advocate for my child. I can't speak for the district administration's involvement because it didn't go that far.

The 2010-11 school year was less than favorable. I think a lot has do with a major turn over in several key administrative positions. The principal didn't show strong leadership with tenured teachers and those with more dominant or aggressive personalities. Issues with those teachers were never brought to resolution, even on the district level. With both the principal and superintendent leaving, it was a disheartening year to have concerns properly dealt with. I have been in the district for 6 years and have many more ahead with multiple children and I am a very active PTO member. I sincerely hope with the new administration, Heather Hill and the district overall will become stronger, more positive and more academically competitive.

My child has attended Heather Hill for 3 years and I feel the discipline is good. Any concern I have had has been addressed to my satisfaction. I am pleased with the extra help provided if needed in academic areas. I especially like the teacher my child has this year.

Last modified Heather Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.