Flossmoor, IL

Posted May 11, 2015
Can't say enough good about IJP school. Our 2 kids absolutely love it. Very caring teachers who go above and beyond, and a very welcoming atmosphere. Our first grader is reading a level well beyond our expectations. We researched, and toured several area catholic schools before deciding to go with IJP, and we're glad we did.

Posted January 28, 2015
We have one child enrolled at IJP. The teacher is outstanding and goes above and beyond our expectations to provide a comprehensive and creative education . The measures to ensure the safety of the students are also very good. The environment of the school is peaceful and there is a true joy of learning exhibited by our child.

Posted January 20, 2015
I don't know that I could ask for a better school. We have 3 children enrolled at IJP and we feel that the curriculum is challenging for all three grade levels. We have found that if we have needed to address any issues, the teachers and administration are very welcoming with comments/concerns. Items are addressed quickly. Also, the uniforms are not crazy expensive and can be purchased at local stores (Old Navy/Target!). We are thrilled to be a part of this school and all it has to offer!

Posted December 01, 2014
I have 3 kids here, and we have been very happy. The curriculum is challenging, and staff have high expectations. New extracurricular activities are being added each year. This year was NJHS, Student Council and Enrichment classes. Families are friendly and involved.

Posted April 25, 2014
I enrolled my son here with high expectations...they were only 1/2 way met. Unfortunately, due to a new principal, some of the staff are NOT on the same page. The school holds too many fundraisers and is always asking for money in some capacity. The teacher (2nd grade) is very good. She has some interesting teaching methods, but there are a few things that have happened with my son where I can not totally recommend or return to this school for the next school year. If you end up choosing IJP, be sure to ask about Uniforms (they are super expensive and must be special ordered) and ensure you get all fees listed up front. Good luck as they have automated most systems (tuition and lunch) and they each tack on fees just for convenience.

Posted March 31, 2013
Hi! I am a student of IJP. I have to say to school isn`t all that bad. Education: It is starting to rise up again. Is taught in a good way. Teachers: The students can very easily control them. We can get our own way if we get them mad. Otherwise, good, fair (at points), and strict sometimes. Principal: CAN NOT CONTROL THIS SCHOOL. We can not wear bracelets, necklaces, or wide headbands. I still continue to see girls wearing this and the principal does nothing. He thinks he is doing a good job, but honestly, our school has fallen since he came. Homework: Teachers can not control how many peole do not do their homework. It is just unacceptable the number of people that are not doing it. Activities: They are really fun. Used jsersyes though. Cliques/Bullying: This is outrageous. Of course, people are with their own groups, but bullying is starting to rise. I have been attending IJP for 8 years and have 2 to go. I say IJP is a school your child should attend overall. There are some flaws, but its mostly good. Hope to see you in the next 2 years!! By the way I am a 6th grader at IJP.

Posted February 24, 2013
The vaunted Blue Ribbon status IJP impresses quality in the mind of parents of prospective parents. This is where it ends, "impression." While they are great are dolling out demerits, and other disciplinary measures, they are lackadaisical about the primary reason of the institution - education. Case in point, when we mentioned the lack of challenging academic work and minimal home work for our child to the principal, he responded with a perfunctory "I will look into it." Of course, he never did... The teaching staff body could do with the injection of young, and male teachers who are university graduates. In addition, electronic technology should be introduced to classrooms as teaching and learning aids. The services they provide are not worth the fee which they charge. Prospective students' parents may want ask questions about our experiences mentioned above.

Posted May 09, 2012
My experience with Infant Jesus of Prague was not the greatest. Many years ago the reputation was excellent. The lower grades (1-4) are better, but once your child enters fifth grade, the drama begins. The staff responds with demerits and the pirincipal, who is fairly new, seems to be uncaring. Clearly not the best choice for your child.

Posted March 20, 2012
IJP is a wonderful school. Better than that Joe school done the street. It has way better than most private schools. It has alot to offer for a not so high pricde!

Infant Jesus Of Prague School 4

Posted April 23, 2011
As an alumni of this school, I can tell you that while not all of the teachers care, almost 99% of them do. IJP prepared me very well for high school. It allowed me the chance to take Honors Geometry at Marian Catholic High School when I was in 8th grade. This allowed me to be ahead of the game in high school, and will allow me to take advanced courses in the future. Along with great academics, IJP athletics were always my favorite part of the school. All of the coaches are required to be trained supervisors in a program run by the school. This allows a safe environment for your child in extracurricular activities. The curriculum, contrary to the previous review, is quite challenging. The science program (and especially science fair) has helped me become prepared for high school science. Also, the "Stock Market Game" in 8th grade gives the children a chance to understand the stock market and the economy. All in all, IJP is a great school that I plan on sending my children one day.

Infant Jesus Of Prague School
1101 Douglas Avenue, Flossmoor, IL  60422
Last modified Infant Jesus Of Prague School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Infant Jesus Of Prague School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top