Posted April 12, 2012
We love this school so much! We have two children there, and we are thrilled with everything: strong academics, close-knit school community, robust extracurricular offering. The location is great too. And you should hear where our graduates go! St. Ignatius, Trinity, Fenwick, and many other great schools. Definitely worth checking out.

St Bernardine Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2011
My daughter attended the school for two years. I love the family values and friendliness of the staff and parents. We are non-Catholic but the religious orientation was inconsequential because they seemed to all be spiritual people & my daughter was influenced positively by that environment. However, there are very little resources at this school. No Smart boards & only two computers in the class. The math book was convoluted & confusing and there is no tutoring for students who need it - outside if Fenwick & Trinity HS kids coming late in the year. I do not think the teacher knew how to access the individual talents and potential of her students. My daughter was a 5th grader who did get one on one time w the teacher, but that was only once a week for 15-20 minutes! We are moving to Oak Park and hopefully there won't be a one-size fits all approach to education there. My daughter made life-long friends but that was just not enough in this competitive world.

Posted July 15, 2011
This is an outstanding school for our 2 daughters. We are not Catholic, but the teachers and curriculum are outstanding. At first, I was disappointed that there was weekly mass, but now I understand how important it is to the school. I was worried about my girls fitting in, but everyone has been wonderful and friendly. 2010 - 2011 was our first year and I am thrilled we made the switch from the public schools. Great school, great atmosphere

St Bernardine Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2011
s. Bernardine is a diverse, catholic elementary school from 3 years old through 8th grade, with before and after scholl care. St. Bernardine promotes acedemic excellence, integrity and social justice through creative initiatives that allow students opportunities for learning and critical thinking. Thank you St. Bernardine!

St Bernardine Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2011
Strengths: Diverse student body. School elected to enter program w/ Arch of Chgo. to better compete in:enrollment, curriculum dlvp, infra-structure improvements, tech., service proj., financial stability & scholar-ships.Core group: parents, staff, parish working together enthusias- tically to make St. B's a premiere school. Active PA offers many kid/ family events throughout the yr. Weaknesses: Low enrollment, low wages & high turnover in leadership over the past decade will make it difficult to recruit & retain highly skilled teachers. Award winning read- ing program in lower grades. Other grades curriculum& teaching methods avg. My child is in 5th grade & over the past 30+ wks has not received even 15 min of individualized instruction from the teacher. Size of class: 11. Enough said. Disconnect between parish& school.Too few parish kids attend St. B's.Too few non-cath school families and/or teachers support parish/school events. New pastor(2 yrs) improved quality & appearance of mass. Seems less interested in spirtual lives of non-cath students in class. Friendly school. Core group volunteers-parents/staff/parish AMAZING.Overall little parent support.Dedicated principal.

St Bernardine Elementary School 0

Posted February 02, 2010
We love Saint Bernardine in Forest Park. Our daugther is getting a great education and a Catholic upbrining in a diverse school environment. I would recomment all Catholic parents to send their child to St. Bernardine.

Posted November 13, 2009
This is our 3rd year at St.B's and we couldn't be happier with our choice. We originally came for the all day 3/4 yr old program with intention of leaving once our son entered kindergarten . . . I would never do that now after seeing the quality education and all the extras that my kids are receiving at St.B's. The faculty is focused and dedicated to each child, the curriculum is solid including the addition of a renowned reading program and the overall community is supportive at the school. I would encourage people to check it out!

Posted September 22, 2009
This will be our 2nd year at St. B's. We have one child in 1st grade and another in the Jr. Kindergarten program. Can't say enough good things about this school! The children are friendly, teachers and curriculum are excellent, students and faculty are ethnically diverse, class sizes are small, and tuition is quite reasonable for a Chicago area private school! We have always felt very welcome and parent participation/volunteering is most appreciated. The school and parish have both a new Principal as well as a new Priest. Both of these gentlemen are very genuinely interested and involved with the students on a daily basis and seem very kind and personable. This school is exactly what my husband and I were searching for when choosing a school for our four young children. Next year, our 3rd child will start at St. B's and we couldn't be happier!

St Bernardine Elementary School 0

Posted August 10, 2009
St B's is an outstanding school. It is small and the teachers know all the kids. The new principal is wonderful and my kids are receiving an outstanding education.

Posted May 17, 2007
Great School. My son transferred from public school for eigth grade year and was welcomed by both students and faculty like family. He has enjoyed making new friends, playing soccer, acting in the wonderful spring musical, participating in the celebration of the Holy Mass, etc. If you are considering an alternative to public education, you can't go wrong.

St Bernardine Elementary School
815 Elgin Avenue, Forest Park, IL  60130
Last modified St Bernardine Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Bernardine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top