Bad
Good

Proviso Math And Science Academy 3

Posted May 01, 2015
this school is not as great as everyone makes it out to be. people are just the same as they would be at every other school. the teachers and principals care more about the uniforms and making the school look good than education. i attend pmsa btw

Proviso Math And Science Academy 4

Posted October 06, 2010
I attend Proviso Math and Science Academy ( yes it's still and academy with the same screening process as far as I know) Though my freshman year was far from perfect I find the school is adapting ( thought perhaps in sudden and jerky movements) to the budget cuts. Yes, there is a communication promblem but one that students and teachers are at attempting to solve. I find that out of all the schools I could have gone to there is not one like it. We are all a family. It also allows its students free speech and in courgages them to stand for SOMETHING. As for the " behavorial issues" they are there. If you count having and IQ of 170 and ADHD, or being on Prozac and having your own novel a behavior issue. VIVA PYTHONS!

Proviso Math And Science Academy 1

Posted May 13, 2010
I have a daughter attending PMSA and she has enjoyed the school. But over the years that she has been there I have noticed that the screening process has failed. There is a lot of children with disciplinary problems allowed entrance into the school. I am very upset to hear that the criteria starting 2010-2011 school year will be the same as Proviso East and Proviso West and that the class time will be changing. I am aware of the budget cut and that we will be losing a great amount of teachers. But I don't feel that the school should have to change it's name nor academics and classroom schedules just to meet a budget. We have already accepted no bus services and now a complete change from an academy to a public school is just not acceptable. These changes are not for the better good.

Posted August 18, 2009
I used to be a little skeptical but now I find the school great. there are nice students and great teachers and we are like a big family and everybody has the same goal. because I wouldve cried if I went to east or west

Proviso Math And Science Academy 5

Posted February 07, 2009
This is a great school. I feel challenged and it is a great enviroment to learn. the teachers are very helpfuland the building is awesome. of course it's not perfect, but wha school is.

Proviso Math And Science Academy 1

Posted October 20, 2008
This school is poorly run. It does not have a culture of excellence and is not trying to create one. Communication is often bad to non-existant. There is little-to-no discipline. The most important values are: 1. feeling good, and, 2. we are not like other high schools. Many classes do not compare well at all to their rough equivelent classes at the competent schools nearby such as OP/RF, Riverside-Brookfield or Lyons Township. Many of the best & brightest students would receive greater challenge, have more demanded of them, and be far more trained in the self-discipline that they will need to be successful adults if they were in another district.

Proviso Math And Science Academy 5

Posted September 26, 2008
This school has an outstanding academic program, and the students are just as smart and competitive as those attending the private schools. I'm thankful I didn't have to pay $40-45K to send my daugher to any private high school. The facility is state of the art, and I'm hoping to my other daughter will have the opportunity to attend as well.

Posted July 25, 2008
Great school, teachers, smart students, wonderful amenities, very strong program... even if it is hard to get in it is worth it

Posted January 30, 2008
This school is excellent and i am proud to be a parent of a student that attends pmsa

Proviso Math And Science Academy 4

Posted November 15, 2007
I think this school as a great educational environment and i am glad to be a student at proviso central.

8601 Roosevelt Rd, Forest Park, IL  60130
Last modified Proviso Math And Science Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.