Fox Lake, IL
Students enrolled: 1,820

Posted February 19, 2015
I never thought one way or the other about this school, but have heard bad. But this morning I saw kids WALKING to school with temps at -24. All the other schools cared enough about their students to close, but not Grant. I have to wonder now about the stories I've heard... :-(

Posted September 12, 2014
It is a great school and I love many of the teachers attended Grant. They loved it so much and chose to teach there. I like that they offer so many ap and honors classes.

Posted September 09, 2013
The honor classes at this school are geared towards prepping students for college. The teachers are implementing many new tools for students to excel such as full day access to math/science tutoring labs and encouraging technology use in all classes. This school is what you make of it. You can goof around or you can take full advantage of the helping hands preparing you for higher education opportunities. Extending the school day starting in '13-'14 is a bonus.

Posted August 06, 2013
My son has excelled at Grant. I have been more than pleased with all of his teachers. They offer many honors classes that have appropriately challenged my son.

Posted October 19, 2009
This school is great. My child didn't tell us about his experiences until he came to this school. I credit his new found maturity and the teachers here for getting him out of his shell.

Posted October 07, 2009
This school is not challeneging at all and does not push the students enough.

Grant Community High School 2

Posted July 06, 2009
The curriculum at this school is unacceptable. There are not many extra-curricular activities. The academic level is way below average and it just isn't a great school.

Posted November 13, 2008
This is not a good school. The teachers and staff do not seem in touch with parents and studants

Posted October 13, 2008
Grant was an awesome experience and basically it was the most rewarding experience. The majority of the staff members are incredible and caring. I was more than well prepared for my college experience at a leading Big 12 school.

Posted July 14, 2008
I went to this school and I was a really good experience. The staff is more than willing to help with any problems, and the Superintendent is very involved with the High School. Most of the teachers I had have left a lasting postivie impression on me.

Grant Community High School
285 East Grand Avenue, Fox Lake, IL  60020
Last modified Grant Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top