Bad
Good

The principal at this school is unbelievable. I've had a "helper" for many years now who takes my children to school and back. On this particular day they locked the back door early, when she came in upset that now he was late because of their error, she was talked down to and treated like a second class citizen by this man! He actually had the nerve to yell at her and he was extremely condescending towards her. Then he sent me a personal email stating that my child has been late twice that semester. That email was an obvious attempt to try to get my worker in trouble. Unless on that particular day he sent emails to the entire schools parents with an update on how many times all the children were late- and I highly doubt it, as I asked my other friends who have students in the same grade. They recieved no such contact. I feel this is outrageous behavior and this man should not be allowed to be in charge of a monkey. I will be taking this to the board, he will not get away with treating the people who do nothing but help this way.

Well, first of all i am a former frgm student and the teachers are very harsh if you don't catch what there saying quickly enough. There is no creativity. One more thing that i would like to add is that i bought a longboard for 350$ and they banned them from school. I think the should personaly ban longboarders, not the whole community.

The principal at fox river grove middle school is a very rude unprofessional man. He has the nerve to lecture me on timely arrival when his own staff closed the back entrance 3 minutes early so we had to go all the way around! When I called to complain about his conduct I got no satisfaction and it was said " he was having a bad day" such a boys club over there. Maybe if enough people complain (like the post before mine also had a complaint about the principal) The school board will take action and get us a kind, nice principal.

The teachers at the schools seem to be professional and for the most part caring. However, I haven't seen much program creativity or innovation among any of the grades. Maybe the curriculum doesn't allow for that. There are options for extracurricular activities but if you don't excel don't expect to play or participate. A standard you'd expect at the high school level but not necessarily middle school or elementary. While the small town feel has its appeal in many ways, it is also an environment that is a bit unwelcoming to newcomers and very cliquish. We tried to give it a chance but when we saw the children and parents were not about to warm up and other "new" families were expressing the same experience, we decided it was time to find another community.

I love this school. This school can be a bit harsh at times, but a lot of schools are like that. If you are a student, there are great friends and people to be made in this great environment for cirruculum

This school is too small and too narrow-minded. Not enough programs offered for gifted students, no accelerated programs, and the few after-school programs revolve around sports only. They do not welcome diversity or creative thinking. The students and the parents/teachers relationships are very clique-ish. If you aren't from here, and haven't lived here since your kids were young, people can be very unwelcoming. I wish I wouldn't have sent my kids here. They have both been extremely bored and unchallenged and have not found their place. The teachers and principal have allowed my youngest to be bullied at the school repeatedly and have taken no action.

Last modified Fox River Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.