Fox River Grove, IL

Posted May 08, 2015
The principal at this school is unbelievable. I've had a "helper" for many years now who takes my children to school and back. On this particular day they locked the back door early, when she came in upset that now he was late because of their error, she was talked down to and treated like a second class citizen by this man! He actually had the nerve to yell at her and he was extremely condescending towards her. Then he sent me a personal email stating that my child has been late twice that semester. That email was an obvious attempt to try to get my worker in trouble. Unless on that particular day he sent emails to the entire schools parents with an update on how many times all the children were late- and I highly doubt it, as I asked my other friends who have students in the same grade. They recieved no such contact. I feel this is outrageous behavior and this man should not be allowed to be in charge of a monkey. I will be taking this to the board, he will not get away with treating the people who do nothing but help this way.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2015
Well, first of all i am a former frgm student and the teachers are very harsh if you don't catch what there saying quickly enough. There is no creativity. One more thing that i would like to add is that i bought a longboard for 350$ and they banned them from school. I think the should personaly ban longboarders, not the whole community.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 14, 2014
The principal at fox river grove middle school is a very rude unprofessional man. He has the nerve to lecture me on timely arrival when his own staff closed the back entrance 3 minutes early so we had to go all the way around! When I called to complain about his conduct I got no satisfaction and it was said " he was having a bad day" such a boys club over there. Maybe if enough people complain (like the post before mine also had a complaint about the principal) The school board will take action and get us a kind, nice principal.
2 people found this helpful

Fox River Grove Middle School 3

Posted December 13, 2010
The teachers at the schools seem to be professional and for the most part caring. However, I haven't seen much program creativity or innovation among any of the grades. Maybe the curriculum doesn't allow for that. There are options for extracurricular activities but if you don't excel don't expect to play or participate. A standard you'd expect at the high school level but not necessarily middle school or elementary. While the small town feel has its appeal in many ways, it is also an environment that is a bit unwelcoming to newcomers and very cliquish. We tried to give it a chance but when we saw the children and parents were not about to warm up and other "new" families were expressing the same experience, we decided it was time to find another community.

Posted February 12, 2008
I love this school. This school can be a bit harsh at times, but a lot of schools are like that. If you are a student, there are great friends and people to be made in this great environment for cirruculum

Fox River Grove Middle School 2

Posted May 30, 2007
This school is too small and too narrow-minded. Not enough programs offered for gifted students, no accelerated programs, and the few after-school programs revolve around sports only. They do not welcome diversity or creative thinking. The students and the parents/teachers relationships are very clique-ish. If you aren't from here, and haven't lived here since your kids were young, people can be very unwelcoming. I wish I wouldn't have sent my kids here. They have both been extremely bored and unchallenged and have not found their place. The teachers and principal have allowed my youngest to be bullied at the school repeatedly and have taken no action.

Posted September 20, 2006
Great school. Excellent teachers.

Fox River Grove Middle School 2

Posted September 04, 2006
The Fox River Grove school district is doing a huge disservice to the working families in this community by not providing any after school programs. Particularly, the middle school level where traditional day care is not suited for this age level. Something should be done to address this since there a quite a few families that have put their children in private school for this very reason. For the amount of money that families are paying for private school tuition, wouldn t it make sense to keep those revenues in-house through an extended school program?

Posted April 19, 2005
Though Fox River Grove is part of the metroploitan Chicago Area, it still remains a small town. This is apparent in the school where volunateerism is high, and faculty parent contact is widespread. The only shortcoming would be discipline, but since this a public school they do the best they can.

Fox River Grove Middle School 3

Posted February 21, 2004
One of my child's teachers went the extra mile before school to help him understand the concept. He was great! My other son was very sick for a period of time and the principal and his teacher did not believe us the parents or his doctors. We felt they were punishing our child for being sick. They were not supportive at all. The principal is not friendly at all.

Fox River Grove Middle School
401 Orchard Street, Fox River Grove, IL  60021
Last modified Fox River Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox River Grove Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top