No rating

Grand Prairie Elementary School

Public | PK-2

Posted May 19, 2014

Our family has a lot of experience with this school and we love the family involvement and the challenging work for the kids. It would be nice if there was more one-on-one time with teachers, but I don't think you will find any public school that provides that to a greater extent. Teachers are responsive and the community offers a lot of support for kids and families.

Posted March 4, 2014

I've had two children go through this school and I couldn't love it more! I volunteer in the classroom twice a month and can attest to the quality of the education and how wonderful the teachers and the families are. My sons have had the pleasure of their teachers being reading specialists as well and both of my children have just excelled. We unfortunately have to move after a work transfer and can only hope to find a school half as nice. A+++*

Posted September 1, 2013

What a disappointment. We are new to the area and this school. We specifically picked this school district based on the ratings etc.. Our experience is that this school and its administrators want absolutely as little parent involvement as possible. There seems to be such focus on getting these kids ready to pass these standardized tests that there is very little emphasis on their social and emotional development. Parents are not allowed in the classroom or in the building for that matter. I've never seen a school with any of my other kids that tried to put such a boundary in place at such a young age. I'm sure there are superficial volunteer positions, but I expect to be fully involved in my child's education, not kept at a distance. Lastly, my child came home the first three days talking about how bad the kids are and how much trouble they got in each day. She was shocked at how mean and "not nice" the kids are. I believe their hearts are in the right place, but this HUGE school is just to cold and impersonal for my family. Its clearly a left brain factory with very little understanding or regard for the development of emotional intelligence.

Posted January 29, 2013

I totally agree with 1-18-13 posting. It is even worse if you have a child with special needs or needs a little more attention.

Posted January 18, 2013

HORRIBLE! Teachers have no control. The kids are bullies and spoiled with no discipline. You could not pay me to send my child there. No one cares. You are just a number.

Posted November 18, 2011

My daughter currently attends Grand Prairie and we could not be more pleased. Our experience has been nothing but positive.

Posted April 21, 2011

We are extremely happy with this school and the level of professionalism that the staff has. We have found them to be flexible, open to feedback, and very willing to accommodate or modify based on the child's needs. I particularly enjoy their openness to parent involvement, which they definitely support and encourage. Our experience with Grand Prairie has been overwhelmingly positive. As a parent, I feel very confident placing my child in their hands.

Posted February 28, 2011

My experience with this school has not had a positive impact either on me or my children. They disregard negative remarks and will not even respond to complaints.They make you feel like they are all knowing and you the parent know nothing. Their Arrogance and pompous is insufferable.

Posted February 1, 2011

Mrs. Walch is one of the best teachers I have ever seen with the kids.

Posted October 26, 2010

I've had 2 children who have gone to this school and i've had nothing but positive experiences. The teachers are amazing. Any concerns or issues that I've had have always been handled swiftly and with great professionalism. I've always felt that the administration and staff genuinely care about our children. I've believe that teachers do not get enough credit for difficult and important job that they do, Thanks for a job well done, Grand Prairie!!

Posted April 12, 2010

This school does not put emphasis on the important things. The good kids do fall victim to the bad kids. Staff is unresponsive to childrens needs. All too quick to blame parents for all problems. They are not under staffed, they just don't utilize the staff well. There is a definite disconnect with parent and teacher communication. I grew up in Frankfort and I am very disappointed and discouraged that our school system has come to this. Most parents are intimidated and afraid to speak their mind.

Posted September 16, 2009

The best school and friendliest staff in the area

Posted February 16, 2009

All in all not good experience. Faculty seems phony and if your friends with faculty you get favoritism. The bad children seem to get away with too much and the good children have to learn to adapt. Next year I do not think my child will be attending Grand Prairie.

Posted January 23, 2009

We have two children at this school and we are not pleased with either of their experiences. They are treated as a number,not an individual. The school is too large and under staffed. The only time parents are wanted is if they want a volunteer for something or want a donation. Otherwise, staff is very unfriendly. We will be looking for a new school for the Fall. If you are considering moving to Frankfort for the schools, don't bother.

Posted November 20, 2008

We moved here for the schools but are very disappointed. The teachers act like they are too busy to contact the parents if there is a problem. The discipline is a joke.We will be looking for a private school for our daughter.

Posted February 11, 2006

Overall this school is amazing. The school is broken into communities. So your child stays with the same teachers throughout the years they are in this school. This way each students needs can be communicated to the next grade level teacher. Has been an amazing experience.

Posted February 23, 2004

As a parent of two daughters who are in the district, one of which is in Grand Prairie, I love it! This is a community that takes pride in their students. Grand Prairies staff is amazing. Everyone truely loves the children and wants the best for them.

Posted June 10, 2003

This is a wonderful place if your child is average to above average academically. If your child has special needs or learning disabilities, do not move into this district. You and your child will be miserable.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

• Mrs. Eileen Nelson

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10480 Nebraska Street