Posted May 19, 2014
Our family has a lot of experience with this school and we love the family involvement and the challenging work for the kids. It would be nice if there was more one-on-one time with teachers, but I don't think you will find any public school that provides that to a greater extent. Teachers are responsive and the community offers a lot of support for kids and families.

Posted March 04, 2014
I've had two children go through this school and I couldn't love it more! I volunteer in the classroom twice a month and can attest to the quality of the education and how wonderful the teachers and the families are. My sons have had the pleasure of their teachers being reading specialists as well and both of my children have just excelled. We unfortunately have to move after a work transfer and can only hope to find a school half as nice. A+++*

Grand Prairie Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2013
What a disappointment. We are new to the area and this school. We specifically picked this school district based on the ratings etc.. Our experience is that this school and its administrators want absolutely as little parent involvement as possible. There seems to be such focus on getting these kids ready to pass these standardized tests that there is very little emphasis on their social and emotional development. Parents are not allowed in the classroom or in the building for that matter. I've never seen a school with any of my other kids that tried to put such a boundary in place at such a young age. I'm sure there are superficial volunteer positions, but I expect to be fully involved in my child's education, not kept at a distance. Lastly, my child came home the first three days talking about how bad the kids are and how much trouble they got in each day. She was shocked at how mean and "not nice" the kids are. I believe their hearts are in the right place, but this HUGE school is just to cold and impersonal for my family. Its clearly a left brain factory with very little understanding or regard for the development of emotional intelligence.

Posted January 29, 2013
I totally agree with 1-18-13 posting. It is even worse if you have a child with special needs or needs a little more attention.

Posted January 18, 2013
HORRIBLE! Teachers have no control. The kids are bullies and spoiled with no discipline. You could not pay me to send my child there. No one cares. You are just a number.

Posted November 18, 2011
My daughter currently attends Grand Prairie and we could not be more pleased. Our experience has been nothing but positive.

Grand Prairie Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2011
We are extremely happy with this school and the level of professionalism that the staff has. We have found them to be flexible, open to feedback, and very willing to accommodate or modify based on the child's needs. I particularly enjoy their openness to parent involvement, which they definitely support and encourage. Our experience with Grand Prairie has been overwhelmingly positive. As a parent, I feel very confident placing my child in their hands.

Posted February 28, 2011
My experience with this school has not had a positive impact either on me or my children. They disregard negative remarks and will not even respond to complaints.They make you feel like they are all knowing and you the parent know nothing. Their Arrogance and pompous is insufferable.

Posted February 01, 2011
Mrs. Walch is one of the best teachers I have ever seen with the kids.

Posted October 26, 2010
I've had 2 children who have gone to this school and i've had nothing but positive experiences. The teachers are amazing. Any concerns or issues that I've had have always been handled swiftly and with great professionalism. I've always felt that the administration and staff genuinely care about our children. I've believe that teachers do not get enough credit for difficult and important job that they do, Thanks for a job well done, Grand Prairie!!

Grand Prairie Elementary School
10480 Nebraska Street, Frankfort, IL  60423
Last modified Grand Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Grand Prairie Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top