Franklin Park, IL

Posted July 06, 2011
Great school! Both of my boys loved it, and I look foward to my daughter attending. Great teachers, who really know what they are doing, and really care for their students.

Posted March 23, 2010
best school ever! no doubt about it

Posted December 10, 2009

Hester Jr High School 0

Posted July 16, 2009
I went to Hester Jr. High and just graduated this year. Its a great school, they are so many cultures and activies going on. I thought i woudl hate my 3 years there but I loved my last year. So much drama, but so much fun. :) class of 2009

Hester Jr High School 1

Posted March 25, 2009

Hester Jr High School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
My daughter went to Hester the teachers are good but there is no advance classes. If you need help it is fine, but if you are a advance student you have no help. They have no programs or policies or do the staff know what to do with smart kids. I also found they do not respect the children the way they should.

Hester Jr High School 4

Posted January 06, 2008
I attended this school. I was having trouble, since i just moved from Poland, and I could barley speak ENGLISH! Now thanks to Hester, i'm honor-roll, enrichment, AND even in student councial. They have great parent teacher communacation, and then while your kids are being safe, they're having fun too!

Hester Jr High School 4

Posted October 27, 2007
great classes, great extracurricular activities, and a lot of parent involvement

Posted August 28, 2005
- a former student
Hjhs is nice school to have around. It has thicker books. Math can push you around, but the teachers would be happy to help you get past it. I've struggled, which I'm proud of, because it is about time schools like these have better education.

Hester Jr High School 2

Posted August 20, 2005
Although I feel that HJH has a great faculty group, I am not happy with the huge emphasis the school and the village is placing on the hispanic culture and how if forces non hispanic students to accept it. Franklin Park is a very diverse suburb consisting of american born citizens, europeans, asians, hispanics, arabs, jewish, africans, african americans and north america/canadians. I do not see any efforts to represent these minorities, nor am I asking that the school spends its resources in doing so. I believe celebrating ones ethnicity and culture is a noble thing, but it should be left for the family, friends and minority group community to do and should not be imposed on schools to accept or acknowledge individual cultures. We need to spend the resources in better technology like updating the dist 84 website, keeping it current with developments, teachers comments, registration, and school supplies list.

Hester Jr High School
2836 Gustav Street, Franklin Park, IL  60131
Last modified Hester Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hester Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top