Galesburg, IL

Gale School 2

Posted February 15, 2015
Teachers push medication over the smallest am out of inattentiveness. No funding! Teaches distraught over heir lack of pay and losing the teachers union strike. Lunch room the children are packed in the gym like sardines then get screamed at if they speak to one another. They refuse to pull out all the tables so the kids can actually move their arms to eat. Bullies are rampant and mothers in the pto run the school along with their children who are treated with special treatment from staff. Thr school district is catered to the who's who in this small financially dying tOwn.

Gale School 3

Posted January 09, 2014
I enjoyed this school and the friendliness of the staff however, they have no clue when it comes to efficiency which causes a great problem to a household were both mom and dad work. The system for picking your kids up after school is severely lacking, and I am terrified my children are going to be ran over or I'm going to get in a car accident on a regular basis. they have no bus system the drops children off at their houses, and we live too far away to expect my children to walk. Also the online website does not have all activities/events posted. So knowing the appropriate time to pick your kids up from school is nearly impossible and less you're a stay-at-home mom that has time to schedule everything with the random scraps of paper that come home and the children's bookbags.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great advocates, friendly atmosphere great community and very accepting peers

Posted December 03, 2008
very good and very faboulus. It is the best school in the whole world

Gale School 5

Posted August 19, 2008
I wish my children could stay at Gale forever! The staff is excellent and encourages students to achieve their goals.

Gale School 5

Posted February 27, 2007
I love this school. although I liked it better when mr.griffin was principal mrs.spittel is good too. all of the teachers are nice. it is overall a really good school. I would definitely recommend this school to everyone.

1131 West Dayton Street, Galesburg, IL  61401
Last modified Gale School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gale School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top