Bad
Good

Posted March 17, 2015
I had one child go through GMSS and have a current student there as well. Overcrowding was solved several years ago with the opening of a second middle school. The teachers and staff are caring and communicate with parents frequently. I know that my children leave GMSS prepared for the challenges in high school thanks to the fabulous educators in Geneva. We could not be more pleased with the education received at this wonderful school.

Posted October 19, 2011
My daughter is a seventh grader at GMSS and we have been nothing but happy with the school. The administration is caring and the facilities are second to none. We have been to 3 different schools and GMSS was the easiest transition by far. The kids are friendly and embraced my daughter right away. I would recommend this school to anyone moving to the area.

Geneva Middle School South

Posted October 03, 2009
I have attended several programs for the past few years and the student/teached relationship goes beyond the 'normal' day to day scholl functions.

Posted January 08, 2009
Im a 8th grader at GMSS and I moved here in the begining of the year. I thought that it was going to be all rich and mean people but it turned out to be my favorite school i've ever been to. They teachers are really nice and helpfull and when I ask another student for help there always willing to. GMSS is the best school!

Posted December 21, 2008
GMSS is an amazing school and I highly reccomend it. The teachers are very wonderful and nice.

Posted May 27, 2007
A new middle school was built this year in the district which eliminated the overcrowding and safety concerns mention in previous reviews. There is also some new principal leadership due to the additional school. The teachers are well-qualified and very caring towards the students. The school was always one of the best in the area, but now I believe it is even better.

Geneva Middle School South 4

Posted April 13, 2006
I am an 8th grader at Geneva Middle School. This school, in all honesty, is a great school. I have been to another school in the area, and I think the curriculum is better here, and the teachers make it easier to understand. The administration, however, is not as good as the school. My parents, and other parents have had great difficulty with the adminitstration. They do not communicate well with parents and they are very bias. Overall, the school is great (I mean, for a school, it's not like I want to go on Saturdays or anything). The highschool is great too, and the entire district offers great extracurriculars. The sports teams are great, and there is an activity for everyone. GMS is a great school.

Posted August 02, 2005
i have graduated from GMS this past year.I'm class of 2009!GMS is a great school.I have gone through this middle school happy and proud.All the kids are SO nice PLUS the teachers.Its so easy making friends at GMS.I moved to Geneva when i was going to 6th grade and i only had 1 best friend. but in a month i had made about 6 or more friends. The teachers are the bomb! They rock and teach so well!In my opinion the school isnt crowded and DOES NOT need a new school. There just need a few ajustments.After school sports and activites are fun and a great way to relax and get your heart pumping.GMS has a inpact on all the students.Make a right choice and be a student of Geneva Middle School! Mathi Szemplinski

Posted June 02, 2005
I recently just graduated from GMS class of 2009. I cannot say enough good things about GMS. Great teachers, great students, great enviroment and great experience. i havent relized how much it ment to me until i left and now i miss it more than ever. All the clubs and of course the MUSIC TEACHERS at gms were amazing and were always here for us... great roll-models and Geneva is the way to go. i recomend it to everyone. yes, its crowded, but they're starting to builid it. geneva middle school is amazing and i wouldnt trade the past 3 yeras for anything in the world.

Geneva Middle School South 2

Posted May 24, 2005
The halls are crowded. The lunches short. Busses run late ( I got home at 4) Classes easy, but some teachers do not even teach, they act more like babysitters than educators. This school was so bad I refused to go back for the graduation ceremony.

Geneva Middle School South
1415 Viking Dr, Geneva, IL  60134
Last modified Geneva Middle School South is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.