Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 31, 2015
Both of my kids go to Churchill and my wife and I couldn't be happier. The staff and administrators are phenomenal and, along with the number of actively involved families, we feel a real sense of community. I have two children there now enrolled in their dual-language program where half their day is in English and the other half in Spanish (the Spanish part of the day includes math and science). My son started the first year they offered the program and is now in 2nd grade. Not only is he excelling at reading and math but he is getting additional enrichment during the day, every day learning another language. I'm amazed how well he understands people speaking Spanish and how much his vocabulary has grown in such a short time . Neither my wife or I can speak the language so it is all from school. Other examples of how the school builds a sense of community is the recess running club, the school play and talent show, "wolf packs" where kids from different grade levels get put in groups to work on a project, "5th grade gives back" where the 5th grade class raises money and donates something to the school and "international night" which gives children and their families an opportunity to learn about different cultures around the world and the heritage of the student body (which is fairly diverse for the western suburbs). The school has recently expanded to provide more classrooms, including a bigger music and art room and the eliminate the portables. I am really excited about the opportunities both my kids will have over the next until they move on to Hadley Jr. High (which is close by so they can walk to school for the 3 years they attend there rather than taking a bus or getting driven).

Posted August 23, 2014
All three of my kids attend this school. It has been an excellent experience. Each child is very different with unique needs. The Churchill community has been extremely attentive and understanding. Teacher quality and parent involvement is outstanding. In addition, my children are exposed the little diversity the Glen Ellyn community has to offer. They are learning to respect and embrace individual differences which is an invaluable experience in today's society. Highly recommend.

Posted November 14, 2013
Churchill is an amazing school!! Out of all the schools in Glen Ellyn, I feel blessed that this is where we landed. The parents and staff care so much about ALL children and my students have excelled when they went on to Hadley/West. They are caring, hardworking students who do not live in a bubble, give back and do amazingly well in school. I am lucky!!

Posted April 27, 2010
I have two children at Churchill who are in special ed. Churchill staff, administrators and teachers always give my kids the attention and care they need to get through their school day. Churchill also has a very large percentage of kids - over 20% - who are not native english speakers, these children speak over a dozen different languages, yet Churchill manages to stay above average in every category.

Posted October 03, 2009
The teaching staff and admin folks really care about the kids and all work together to make sure each child is successful!

Posted August 04, 2008
I'm very proud to send my kids to Churchill Elementary, because it offers an excellent education to a very diverse population. The principal and all the staff and teachers are really great who helping our kids to be successful academically in an exceptional learning and supportive environment with continuous improvement in programs and services.

Posted June 14, 2006
Very strong math and reading curriculum. Weekly music and art classes with special musical yearly and art available on 'Artsonia'. Good physical education class daily and encouragement to be active on school breaks. Parents very involved in PTA activities.

Posted June 22, 2005
Churchill offers a great education to a diverse population. I do not know of another school where the students experience such diversity and receive an outstanding education. Students not only learn academia, but also experience how to live and work with people that are not just like them. Students also learn that, despite our differences, we are also very much alike. The class sizes are small, which facilitates greater learning and allows the teachers to differentiate. The biggest issue is that we are out of space. The bathrooms, lunch room, gym, and music and art rooms get no rest and are very crowded. Presently we have portables to keep class sizes down, but that does not help the areas that are crowded. Next year we will have 3 children at Churchill and I could not ask for a better place for our children to be educated.

Posted January 29, 2005
I have a 2nd grade boy in this school.He loves it. We moved from Maywood, Illinois. And I can say that the teachers make the kids think more, give more homework, and try new things. My family and I won't more because our other two boyz will also attend Churchill.

23w240 Geneva Rd, Glen Ellyn, IL  60137
Last modified Churchill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.