Bad
Good

Both of my kids go to Churchill and my wife and I couldn't be happier. The staff and administrators are phenomenal and, along with the number of actively involved families, we feel a real sense of community. I have two children there now enrolled in their dual-language program where half their day is in English and the other half in Spanish (the Spanish part of the day includes math and science). My son started the first year they offered the program and is now in 2nd grade. Not only is he excelling at reading and math but he is getting additional enrichment during the day, every day learning another language. I'm amazed how well he understands people speaking Spanish and how much his vocabulary has grown in such a short time . Neither my wife or I can speak the language so it is all from school. Other examples of how the school builds a sense of community is the recess running club, the school play and talent show, "wolf packs" where kids from different grade levels get put in groups to work on a project, "5th grade gives back" where the 5th grade class raises money and donates something to the school and "international night" which gives children and their families an opportunity to learn about different cultures around the world and the heritage of the student body (which is fairly diverse for the western suburbs). The school has recently expanded to provide more classrooms, including a bigger music and art room and the eliminate the portables. I am really excited about the opportunities both my kids will have over the next until they move on to Hadley Jr. High (which is close by so they can walk to school for the 3 years they attend there rather than taking a bus or getting driven).

All three of my kids attend this school. It has been an excellent experience. Each child is very different with unique needs. The Churchill community has been extremely attentive and understanding. Teacher quality and parent involvement is outstanding. In addition, my children are exposed the little diversity the Glen Ellyn community has to offer. They are learning to respect and embrace individual differences which is an invaluable experience in today's society. Highly recommend.

Churchill is an amazing school!! Out of all the schools in Glen Ellyn, I feel blessed that this is where we landed. The parents and staff care so much about ALL children and my students have excelled when they went on to Hadley/West. They are caring, hardworking students who do not live in a bubble, give back and do amazingly well in school. I am lucky!!

I have two children at Churchill who are in special ed. Churchill staff, administrators and teachers always give my kids the attention and care they need to get through their school day. Churchill also has a very large percentage of kids - over 20% - who are not native english speakers, these children speak over a dozen different languages, yet Churchill manages to stay above average in every category.

The teaching staff and admin folks really care about the kids and all work together to make sure each child is successful!

I'm very proud to send my kids to Churchill Elementary, because it offers an excellent education to a very diverse population. The principal and all the staff and teachers are really great who helping our kids to be successful academically in an exceptional learning and supportive environment with continuous improvement in programs and services.

Last modified Churchill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.