Bad
Good

My child is in kindergarten at Glen Hill and we have been very happy with the school so far. His teacher, Mrs. Kossack, is amazing and has been so good for my son.  Her commitment to the children and her enthusiasm for teaching is very evident in everything she does.  She uses flexible seating and always comes up with creative, educational teaching methods. She keeps parents engaged and is always responsive to emails.  She meets each child where they are academically, socially, and emotionally and helps them develop and progress. We have also been very happy with the music and gym teachers. They seem to love what they do and love working with the kids. The PTO sets up a fun, after school event each month to keep families engaged. The school is very diverse which we believe is an asset. He is getting a solid education and making all kinds of friends at the same time. We're hoping next year is just as good!

My son been attending for two years now, kindergarten and 1st grade. It has been a great experience, even when my son had problem with the kids. The teachers and principal offered to help in all ways possible. They were able to get the situation under control and make my son feel comfortable to always tell on bullies. Bullies are everywhere, at all schools. Mrs. Hanson, the first grade teacher, has been the most sweet and helpful teacher I have ever met. Overall I think it is a very good school, with teachers that are trying their very best.

At this school, very low expectations are kept from the students in an acedemic sense. Homework is a rare instance. They rarely, if ever, have any projects or field trips. Furthermore, apart from a FEW people of the entire school staff (the persons in the office are also GRACIOUS), I did not have a favorable experience with them. There seems to be a sort of prejudice. Everyone is not treated equally and many teachers are very unhappy with their teaching responsibilities. In other words, there is zero dedication. I would also like to add, I do not like how they handle the drop-off process. There is close to no help from the personnel available. Young children have a difficult time getting out and nobody comes to aid, even after noticing that help is needed. I am unsure about whether they may have a rule about it. However, sometimes they have everyone hovering around one car, chatting along with helping, holding up traffic for no real reason.

I would not recommend this school if you want your child to learn English properly. They cater to the school's majority. I have met with the principal, who seems to need diversity or cultural training. She is very ignorant of those who are bilingual and bi-cultural. My daughter will be going to private school until we move.

Last modified Glen Hill Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3