Bad
Good

The new principal at this school, Mary Brandt, is WONDERFUL! I know this because she was the principal at Winnebago Elementary school for the 6 yeas my daughter attended school there. This will be Mrs. Brandt's first school year (2011-2012) at Blackhawk and everyone was sad to see her leave Winnebago. She is a wonderful, caring woman with great ideas and she'll do a great job at Blackhawk. The students and parents will benefit from having her as their principal!

I recently moved from Seattle, WA and registered my 9 yr old in one of the 4th grade classes at Blackhawk and I was sadly disappointed. The falculty are not used to dealing with African American children and come across quite racist....this feeling is supported by other parents from my child's class. The superintendent was not much help and this being 2011 I am truly amazed at how cruel some people still are. My child defnitely will not attend Blackhawk next year and I will not recommend this school to any parent.

This is a wonderful school for my children. I get the sense that everyone cares about my child.

There is a great need for reorganization through out this school. Some of the issues that are of great concern is safety. The level of parent involvement is so poor that the same person is president of the booster's for a third year, no one wants to step up. Our english speaking children do not get the same opportunities as our non english speaking children. I believe that this is a much needed improvement to allow all children more work time in school and less homework at home, what is the point of work over load? You have them for six and a half hours per day, I think that should be enough !

Last modified Black Hawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.