Glendale Heights, IL

Posted August 12, 2011
The new principal at this school, Mary Brandt, is WONDERFUL! I know this because she was the principal at Winnebago Elementary school for the 6 yeas my daughter attended school there. This will be Mrs. Brandt's first school year (2011-2012) at Blackhawk and everyone was sad to see her leave Winnebago. She is a wonderful, caring woman with great ideas and she'll do a great job at Blackhawk. The students and parents will benefit from having her as their principal!

Black Hawk Elementary School 1

Posted July 29, 2011
I recently moved from Seattle, WA and registered my 9 yr old in one of the 4th grade classes at Blackhawk and I was sadly disappointed. The falculty are not used to dealing with African American children and come across quite racist....this feeling is supported by other parents from my child's class. The superintendent was not much help and this being 2011 I am truly amazed at how cruel some people still are. My child defnitely will not attend Blackhawk next year and I will not recommend this school to any parent.

Black Hawk Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2008
This is a wonderful school for my children. I get the sense that everyone cares about my child.

Black Hawk Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2007

Posted December 05, 2007

Black Hawk Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2007
There is a great need for reorganization through out this school. Some of the issues that are of great concern is safety. The level of parent involvement is so poor that the same person is president of the booster's for a third year, no one wants to step up. Our english speaking children do not get the same opportunities as our non english speaking children. I believe that this is a much needed improvement to allow all children more work time in school and less homework at home, what is the point of work over load? You have them for six and a half hours per day, I think that should be enough !

Posted April 28, 2006
I currently do not have a child that goes here, but the children I babysit attend here. Academics seem ok, but the lack of dicipline by the teachers is unsatisfactory.

Black Hawk Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2005
I have two kids go through this school. One is a freshman in Glenbard East High School now, the other in 4th grade at this time. I am very happy with the challenge the school have given my two. My Hi School Freshman has been playing a musical instruments since 5th grade (Blackhawk) and maintaining good grades. The reason she is doing so well is Blackhawk taught her how to get the WORK done! My youngest is following in his older sibling foot steps. Just a little footnote we are Africian Americians and that made no different to the way Blackhawk challenge and guide my children. Thank you, for getting my kids off to a great start in life.

Black Hawk Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2004

Black Hawk Elementary School
2101 Gladstone Drive, Glendale Heights, IL  60139
Last modified Black Hawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Hawk Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top