Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our daughter excelled in her education at Hall. She is a much improved reader and she is doing well in math.

Our daughter started first grade at G. Stanley Hall. We are very pleased with the quality of the education that our daughter received. Her teacher and Hall's supporting staff and principal were fantastic and very approachable and in touch with our daughter's needs. Their positive reinfoced codes of conduct program is wonderful. We are so pleased with our daughter's educational outcome for first grade, and we are looking forward to the upcoming school year.

g stanely hall was the school I went to in the year of 2013 before july and now im in middle school and its a little more better than elementary time.

To put it mildly I was terrified transfer my children from their private school to G Stanley Hall after reading the test scores and reviews. I have to say that the teachers, staff and principal of this school have made me do a 180 in a very short amount time! Mrs. Church, the principal, is a wonderful administrator and seems to truly care about each and every student at her school, while still maintaining a serious and well structured atmosphere. Her administration of the schools PBIS standards works wonders, focusing on positive behavior instead of negative. As for the academics and teachers, we have hit a homerun. My children are excited to go to school each day to learn. The reading program, American Reading Company, is filled with milestones, rewards and excitement that keep the children striving for more, as well as providing at level support and goals, no matter the grade level! I am not sure how the school was ran before Mrs. Church, but I can tell you that I haven't regretted for a moment sending my children here! As for the school's test scores, they have been on an upward climb for the last couple years, and this year the school DID make AYP!!

This is school is very impressive! When I first enrolled my son this year, I was very fearful for the outcome based on the ratings that this school has received. I know that Mrs. Church was put into the role of Principal and I am very happy with the outcome. My son came from another school in Glendale Heights, and in comparison, this school ranks much higher as far as the academics, the special activities, and the discipline! My son is in first grade, and I can see how far he has come from the beginning of the year to where his learning was a struggle to where he is excited about reading and strives to read more, as well as learn as much as possible. The teachers here care, and they are very honest and involved with all of the students. I love the fact that I can ask his teacher exactly what does she feel he needs to work on and we can work together to get him to where he needs to be. The entire staff at G. Stanley Hall are all very helpful and caring and over and over again I see them strive to make every child succeed.

I would give this school 0 stars if that were an option. Once again, I have received a notification that states HALL SCHOOL has FAILED to meet the Average Yearly Progress targets for the third year in a row. The letter basically states that the school if failing in the areas of math and reading, and by law the district must offer the option to transfer to another school. However, there are no other schools in the district that will accept students fro Hall School. So, my child's school is failing, and the district is failing to provide options!!! I have had enough of this school!!! Every year it gets worse!!! My child has been attending for 4 years and is SO FAR BEHIND her cousins that are in different districts. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing that year after year my child must attend a school that is failing to teach basic education. I contacted Dr. Loren May last year when I received this same letter. I spoke with him for over an hour. He blamed the low school rating on non-english speaking parents!!! Unbelievable!!! How about taking responsibility for the school district that he runs!!! CALL Dr. Loren May and make you voice heard at 630-469-7615 ex. 1251.

I must say that this has to be the worst school in DuPage County. The principal makes up the rules as she goes. There is no organization as far as after school programs such as roller skating parties or math night. They don't care about the students on the bus ,they let them do whatever they please. My child is a 2nd grade student who is reading at a fifth grade level and they don't even have any special programs to keep her intersted...way to keep your kids interested. Someone needs to step up and make some major changes at the school.

I have to say that Hall school has been wonderful. The Kindergarden teachers, the principal have been great on dealing with my son. We have seen the positive changes in his attitude and behavior, he loves it there.

This school has been one disappointment after another. The academic program is lacking. It seems the only concern is making sure the children pass the ISATS. There are big gaps in the education because if it's not going to be on the tests then the subject matter isn't covered. Art was just brought into the school this year. There aren't many extracurricular activities offered. There is very little parent involvement, it seems as if everyone has just about given up. The teachers do their best to struggle with this problem, but I believe something else needs to be done.

Last modified G Stanley Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.