Americana Intermediate School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
The teachers at this school are great. They really care and want to see your child succeed. I really liking the direction the school is taking to meet the new state standards. I think there needs to be more teacher supervision during free times like recess and lunch to avoid bullying which is happening a lot.

Americana Intermediate School 4

Posted February 16, 2013
My kids have been going here since 2010 - they have been challenged academically and they have excelled - ISAT scores have been normal to high average and they have good personal growth. Teachers are accessible and address concerns quickly. I do wish it would be a three year school though - kids don't seem to get a good foundation with only two years - if it were to be a third though fifth grade school I think it would serve everyone better.

Americana Intermediate School 2

Posted April 26, 2012
My daughter goes to this school and we have had nothing but problems. Bullying is a serious problem at Americana, yet teachers and the principal have done absolutely nothing to deter it. They do not seem to care bullying happens on a daily basis. The academics are poor too,in fourth grade they still havent even started division and never have spelling tests. The students are allowed to set their own goals on reading, no matter how low or high and this seems detrimental to the learning process. This school is absolutely horrible.

Posted March 26, 2010

Posted March 26, 2009
i go to this school and i think its awesome my sister used to go to this school and it and it was awsome then too.Theres plenty of disipline but if you dont say anything if your a parent no students will get punished.All teacher are awesome they're really nice the teacher i have gave an ISAT kick-off breakfast because she knows that study shows that having breakfast gives you higher test scores

Posted April 07, 2008

Posted January 08, 2008

Posted November 16, 2005
My daughter is in the 4th grade in the ATP Academically Talented program and she loves it. She is not bored and has a great teacher. she reads at 8th grade level and I absolutly think she is doing very well. I am very happy with this program.

Posted November 05, 2005
- a former student

Americana Intermediate School 1

Posted February 20, 2005
I have been very disappointed in my child's experience with this school. The teachers and the principal seem very disinterested in teaching the students. Teachers giving kids a multiplication cheat sheet instead of making them learn them is just wrong. I have a 7th grader who still struggles with his X's tables. One year my son was bullied and nothing was done. The next he witnesses at least 2 fights break out in his class alone. Something needs to be done to impove this school and if it were me I would start right at the top - the principal.

Americana Intermediate School
1629 President Street, Glendale Heights, IL  60139
Last modified Americana Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Americana Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top