Glendale Heights, IL

Glenside Middle School 5

Posted May 27, 2014
This school is amasing the teachers are amasing they seem to care and try alot so we could succeed. The lunch ladies are also some of the nicest people ever.

Posted October 27, 2013
My school is working towards goals of preparing its students for high school and beyond. We still must have our students educated in some of the basic skills of every day living in society. The educators are very mindful of this goal but the lack of participation by the parent(s), probably 80%, is what the biggest issue of concern. As they say you can bring a horse water but you can't force it to drink. The issue is that you can educate the child and parent but if they are not willing to learn there is not much we can do to help.

Posted August 09, 2013
It's a great school for my kids. My kids like the school but my daughter gets bullied often. None of the teachers seem to know so and I've overheard her talking to her friends and cousins about it.

Posted February 07, 2013
Glenside Middle School Is great I went all 3 years this is my last year I think it prepares you a lot for highschool and the classes they recommened for you are at an achievable level Our sports teams are descent So far we are doing good overall Glenside is an amazing school I dont even know how I got here but i saw some negative comments & I needed it to be known that Glenside is amazing I strongly recommend sending your kids to GlensideThe staff at West said that Glenside kids are more ready for highschool when they come than any of the other schools & that we are good with time management when we get there the teachers are really nice and there are a few that are hard on you but it helps there are few that give you a little leaway that helps some kids I am going into Glenbard West next year recommended for all honors classes (thanks to Glenside) I think i am going to pass not nervous at all & i plan to attend summer classes to get the feel of highschool and i plan to get pass NCAA requirements so i can play on the basketball team for UCLA THANKS GLENSIDE this has been a great three years

Glenside Middle School 5

Posted August 07, 2012
I went to this school when it was first built 1970's We had a Principal named Mr. Cameron, and through Facebook today a few of us got talking about him he was also our 5th grade teacher at Queen Bee he was a teacher that helped me in many ways does any one know of him?

Glenside Middle School 1

Posted August 05, 2012
Someone once asked me why I didn't just fail these kids. I said, "they're punishment must be more severe!" When their grades are ashes, then, they have my permission to fail." I'm Glenside's reckoning!

Glenside Middle School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
this school used to be a good school but now here in 2011 money had been taken away from the school budget many teachers were fired and there are many students in one classroom the luches are extremely bad carrots and all vegies are put in bags no fresh or cooked foods very unhealthy i am a student council member and were practically make most of the money there we need some major improvements for aur next generation

Posted May 07, 2010
I have been in this school for 3 years, this is my third year right now. The school is fine, the most things that really are outstanding are their disciplinary rules, students cannot attend any sort of field trips if they are ineligible which is a great system to know who is responsible enough and who isn't, and it also teaches kids a lesson so they can try to follow directions and be on their best behavior next time so they can attend the field trip. In my opinion and experience, i do not think this school is very safe. This year the staff found 3 bullets inside the garbage can. Kids also do start physical fights. Pushing in the hallways, bullying, judging of ethnic background etc. But the teachers are very great, they have awesome lessons which are not boring at all. The only thing that concerns me is safety.

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted August 21, 2009

Glenside Middle School
1560 Bloomingdale Road, Glendale Heights, IL  60139
Last modified Glenside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenside Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top