Bad
Good

Glenbrook South High School 1

Posted June 02, 2016
Too much unneeded homework/tests with many test scores expecting a C as average from teachers, some teachers can be rude/yell shaming kids for not getting good grades, many girls are sent unwanted male genitalia pictures, kids are made fun of by others for sticking up for themselves as if that's a weakness, they get in trouble for things a student does OUTSIDE of school on weekends even, way too many rules-feels like a prison, must be rich or popular, this school expects you to be perfect and devote your child's life to them don't force them to go here the expenses they make you pay are not worth it

Posted October 24, 2015
Going to Glenbrook South High School was definitely the best years of my life. Everyone is super kind and the school is actually diverse despite it's location. School spirit is definitely a big part of the school. When I first came, i wasn't big on school spirit but it gets contagious. The academics are outstanding, now that i'm in college, I feel like I got a head start by going to GBS. GBS prepared me well for my future. There's also SO many clubs and interesting elective classes to be a part of. I encourage new students to really try to get involved in the school, it really makes your experience 100x better! I promise. I would love my kids to attend this school in the future. Thank you GBS <3

Glenbrook South High School 4

Posted April 24, 2015
I love this school its great it has great students and teachers i would recommend this school.

Glenbrook South High School 4

Posted November 17, 2010
I went through the basic classes and took only a few honors classes throughout my time at this school, and I felt that there was a lot of opportunities for personal and educational growth for anybody that applied themselves to the core curriculum or extra curricular, after school activities. In retrospect, the three main issues I have with my experience at GBS are that the school at times ran itself in a very totalitarian way, I rarely saw school administrators (this excludes teacher faculty) push for the growth among students belonging to lower class families, and an inability to successfully promote mutual respect and courtesy among social and cultural classes. Still, I rate this school as above average, as it prepared me well for college, and was inspired by more than half a dozen teachers. Special mentions go out to Mr. Hussman and Mr. Benjamin of the social studies department.

Posted April 05, 2010
I am a freshman parent and have been wonderfully surprised at GBS. They have many levels of learning at GBS and my child has really improved and loves the school! The sports and performing arts seem to play a major part that my child absolutely loves!

Posted June 19, 2009
GBS has something for everyone, no matter your child's passion. There is such a wide range of programs. I had a child in the honors programs and another in the regular program and both have been challenged and prepared at their level. The administration is top notch and demonstrate true caring for ALL students. They go out of their way to make sure students stay in school and feel safe, accepted, and recognized. They can attract and retain very capable and talented teachers

Posted March 01, 2009
As a former student, I can say without a doubt GBS was an awful school. As others have mentioned, you have to have a great deal of 'school spirit' or else you are NOT accepted. GBS is overlly demanding, overbearing, and had too many BS rules even though the education was decent. All the garbage that many students are put through takes away from the education. Steer clear of GBS if you are anything other than rich, popular and capable of reaching high-honors

Posted November 07, 2008
My elder son is in his first semester at college (a top engineering school) and told us after a few weeks, 'This is the easiest semester I've had since sixth grade.' He (and we) feel that GBS was the best preparation he could have gotten for a rigorous college program. GBS hits a sweet spot for academic excellence, extracurricular opportunity, and diversity

Posted March 31, 2008
I love this school! I am currently in my first year of college and I have to say, 'Great Job GBS!' I was over prepared for college when I arrived. I noticed right away how much GBS equipped me for college after I took a language placement test and based on the results I was placed in one of the more advanced courses. Honestly, I believe that the other parent who ranked GBS with 2 stars is overexaggerating. Compared to many high schools, GBS is the best I've encountered. I don't regret a moment I spent there.

Posted July 22, 2007
I just graduated and am heading off to college. Glenbrook South did a great job in preparing me for college courses. Already I see differences between the way I'm prepared and the way other freshmen entering my college are prepared. I don't know what this other parent is talking about. I don't go to the football games and no one cares. I don't have a whole lot of school spirit (although I do like the school) and I'm not ridiculed. I was in a couple of honors classes during junior year and two APs during senior year. I still had fun freshman and sophomore year so I don't know why they are complaining. The rules can sometimes be a bit extreme, but I dealt with them and in return I got a great education. The students are relaxed (the upperclassmen more so). I don't see kids picking on others often (if ever).

4000 West Lake Ave, Glenview, IL  60026
Last modified Glenbrook South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.