Glenview, IL

Glenbrook Off-Campus Center 2

Posted April 17, 2015
This school is not entirely bad. To put some background, I went to this school while attending GBN from mid-sophomore year to the end of my Junior year. Some of my teachers were great. Coming in from another sped school that was completely unrelated to GBN/GBS, I anticipated that I'd do fine in this school This was the case for my sophomore year of high school. However, came junior year, the teachers proved me wrong. I would often stay after school on purpose due to conflicts @ home. After -one- incident happened, I was not allowed to do this anymore. One thing I remember is that each time a teacher saw me in the hallway, they would automatically assume that I was up to no good when this was not the case. My problem with this school is that they treat each student as if they were a delinquent and have the same thing to work on. When clearly, that's not the case. I really think they should treat each student like a human being and actually put the effort into helping them. They are the exact reason why I can't see my friend (who is gay and his mom can't accept this) right now because they told his mother about something that is HIS business.

Glenbrook Off-Campus Center 5

Posted October 08, 2013
This school was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I was a former student and attended the off campus program throughout high school and I also attended Glenbrook South High School. It's a great school because you learn at your own pace and accommodates each child's needs. Also, the teachers there have so much compassion and knowledge for there students. Also, at this school is great for students whom are in a cusp meaning going mainstream to GBS or GBN would not be good for a student but neither would be going into special education in the mainstream schools. Also, GBOC offers students to take classes at there main campus and some even transfer to there home school. I also loved GBOC because the teachers made learning fun, we took really awesome field trips. I've been out of GBOC for 5 years and I still keep in contact with my teachers every now and then. GBOC changed my life and made high school a lot smoother for me!

Posted April 27, 2010
I went to GBOC a few years ago, and now attend a four-year instituion and feel like I wasn't prepared for some aspects of the school, the classes don't serve as prerequisites for college courses although they are easier to understand. However, the staff and teachers there are second to none and have a true understanding for the students well-being.

Posted July 29, 2009
This is the most fantastik program and school I have ever had the pleasure to associate with. My son thrived, thank you Glenbrook Off-Capus!

Posted July 04, 2009
GBOC is amazing. It's has a population of students who are thriving in the mainstream. The staff truly cares about the kids...that's the only way they could work there. Some students get back to the mainstream and others stay put.

1835 Landwehr Road, Glenview, IL  60026
Last modified Glenbrook Off-Campus Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Glenbrook Off-Campus Center Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top