Granite City, IL
Students enrolled: 1,948

Posted November 23, 2014
I love this school district. They take time to help our kids, they care and they make sure they are always safe. The kids learn to respect each other mo matter what differences they may have from financial to special needs. They grow up ready to face the next chapter in their lives. Thanks to all the students teachers and administrators for making this a great educational experience.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2014
I love this school and the education my children are receiving. I am an involved parent and sadly most other parents are not. The teachers care and have engaging and comprehensive lesson plans. I have one child who graduated this school and three others enrolled. I could not be happier with the education they are receiving.

Posted September 10, 2014
This is a good school and the teachers really care. I am first in my class and I am taking all AP courses. The advanced curriculum here is not for the weak of heart! My only complaint would be the fact that my brother, sisters and I spend a lot of time fundraising for the school. It is not enough that we are in class 8 hours a day, plus the hours we spend in clubs, sports or band and the several hours of homework we have after our activities, we also have to spend extra hours selling things trying to raise money for the school.

Posted September 09, 2014
This is one of the best schools in the area they take the time and put forth the effort to make sure our children become successful young men and women. The teacher and staff help our children to reach their full potential. They don't just fill our kids with book smarts they teach them how to be confident and ready for the world ahead.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2011
I graduated from GCHS in 2009 and am proud to say that. I understand people's frustrations with the district and will also admit that sports play a huge role in the school system, which isn't necessarily a good thing if it hinders the educational process. That being said, I recieved a quality education from k-12 with the exception of having a few teachers who were pathetic. You can find that anywhere though. I now attend St. Louis University, one of the most prestigous Jesuit institutions in the country...and I would add that I was fully prepared for it with the education I recieved from GCSD9. Yes, there are some bad politics in the district, but I blame mostly the students and parents for our lackluster academic standings. The best teachers in the world can't make a student learn if they don't want to or if their parents haven't instilled a sense of importance about education. Let's look at the where the real problems lie.

Posted September 28, 2010
I have attended this school for two years, my freshman and sophomore years. I had a lot of fun in this school. The teachers in this school are fantastic. I have move to California now and I attend Castro valley High School, which is rated 9 out of 10; But Granite City High School is better. There is a lot of stupid people in this school, who do not want to learn, but the teachers are really doing their jobs. I have been in all the accelerated classes and I have learned way more than what I'm learning in my AP classes. I wish that granite City High School has Advanced Placement classes, that would count as if you have taken them in college.

Granite City High School 1

Posted December 29, 2009

Granite City High School 2

Posted August 29, 2009

Granite City High School 1

Posted August 26, 2009
I hate this school! THey care nothing for the kids but to push them through and get them out!! There are a few good teachers but the rest just treat you like your a problem when you are trying to help with their child!!

Posted April 10, 2009

Granite City High School
3101 Madison Avenue, Granite City, IL  62040
Last modified Granite City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Granite City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top