Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Forrestal Elementary School 3

Posted January 20, 2016
Teachers and staff are helpful. Yes a few teachers are a bit harder on the students when it comes to work and the students taking ownership on mistakes. But for the most part my child loves going to school and comes home talking about different teachers and how they've helped.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 30, 2015
Ms. Burke, Ms. Mitchell, Mr. Jokiel, Ms. Adams, and all of the special education staff have been nothing but amazing

Forrestal Elementary School 5

Posted December 30, 2015
Truthfully we were scared to put our son in this school because of all the negative comments made about them. Now that he is going there we are absolutely impressed with Forrestal Elementary! When we first got stationed in Great Lakes we had the mindset that we were going to put our son in private school (St John's Libertyville) it was the worst decision that we made. Our son has ADHD and was kicked out of that school and told they could not help us. It pretty much came down to him being kicked out or other parents would remove their children because they were scared of how our kindergartener acted. We were in the process of getting him seen by a behavioral therapist and everything else we needed to do. After he was kicked out we decided to homeschool. That plan didn't work out to well with my work hours and a new baby on the way. We then decided to enroll him in 1st grade at Forrestal elementary. Ms. Mitchell and the staff there have been a blessing. He is getting the help that he needs to guide him to be successful! We absolutely love this school and would recommend Forrestal Elementary to everyone!

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 16, 2015
Some teachers are nice and do help students some just yell and look unpleasant depends

Forrestal Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2015
This place is the worst. Teachers yell at kids, put them down and the worst part is that building has no AC. I don't even know how the teachers can work in those conditions and the poor kids are sweating in the summer. North Chicago has the worst school system in the U.S.

Forrestal Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2015
A long time ago I was enrolled to this school for 3 good long years and I say it's a nice school with some terrible teachers. My reading teacher has quite a terrible personality. One time I brought gaming cards to school and showed it to all my friends, one of my friends wouldn't stop asking to borrow one between class, so I quickly took it out and said to choose which one. One kid in my class saw me and told my reading teacher about it. She walk up to me and said to give it to her. I handed it to her and she walk across the room and threw it away. I couldnt do anything then because I didnt know what to do, I was too young to think of anything, I tried to take it back from the trash can but my teacher saw me and threw it away again. As I grow older I found out that it was my property, my OWN money and shouldn't be taken away and to be thrown at. It wasn't hers to begin with. I've thought about sueing the school but I thought I will lose. now I'm here telling that I would not recommend to going this private school. I'm sorry for this long story, but I have to say what's wrong about this school.

Forrestal Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2015
This is my daughter's second year at this school. She had great experiences there and her teacher for the past 2 years is great. She keeps the parents informed daily via email and my daughter is doing well there. Dr. Brooks, the Principal, is great, personable and professional.

Forrestal Elementary School 5

Posted May 20, 2014
I am a parent of one former student of Forrestal . I love this school and the teachers and the Principal Ms Brooks. The principal is outstanding as we'll and provides great leadership to the school. My daughter had great teachers for kindergarten Ms Hardy and Ms May. Get involved,and work with your child teacher and your child.

Forrestal Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2014
I am a parent of one former student of Forrestal. Based on the school rating and reviews, I was hesitant to send my son to the school. However, I couldn't have been more wrong! My son had great teachers for kindergarten and first grade (both Ms. T's), and he was taught a curriculum above grade level. The key is to make sure your child is well prepared for the school year. Large class sizes and low resources make it difficult for children to keep up if they are not already familiar with the material. My son now attends the charter school along with another former classmate, and they are the top students in the class. Do not leave everything up to the school. Get involved, and work with your child in addition to the classroom instruction.

Forrestal Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2013
Look elsewhere for housing! Forrestal Elementary School is a horrible place to send your children! We arrived at Thanksgiving and were immediately told that there was no room for our daughter to attend Kindergarten, there was no waiting list and that I needed to contact them periodically to see if a spot had opened up. Extremely unhelpful and unprofessional! She attended 1st Grade and the first 3 months of 2nd. We had enough of the school and the area and chose to move up to Kenosha (highly recommended) in order to find a better school. My only regret was that we didn't move earlier! The Navy is failing all of it's families that get stationed at Great Lakes. Having this school as part of the Housing Area is unacceptable! I hope for the sake of our Military community, this gets brought to the attention of someone that can do something to change this!

2833 Washington Avenue, Great Lakes, IL  60088
Last modified Forrestal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.