Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The principal is wonderful! The school atmosphere has a great vibe. The teachers have a passion for the success of the students. The principal makes sure she has a great relationship with each student by greeting each one everyday with positive manner, a smile, and hug.

I occasionally work at this school with the organization I work for and can truly say this is a wonderful program .

This is one of the better schools in the area. I went here as a child and my children went here as well. Great staff great teachers overall great community!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I haven't seen any instances of bullying, personally, but I believe that the principal, Ms Mitchell, would not tolerate it at all. She's very loving and nurturing but not one to be walked all over!

Supports LD students: Agree

There are varying levels of learners, as with any school, and my daughter's teacher seems to be able to effectively instruct all the kids. So, they are all learning the same subject but taught differently. As parents, we know that our kids respond better to certain things and she seems to understand that.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is wonderful! She greet the student every morning with a smile and a positive phrase. She hugs them and always positively motivates them to do well!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter teacher is innovative. They do lots of hands on topics which I see works very well with the 2nd graders. They seem to understand what she's trying to teacher if they have something physical to tie o the topic.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework given is age and grade appropriate. It takes us about 1 our to finish homework time with my 2nd grader.

I am a parent with three children in the school district. When I moved here I was told only negative things about the schools and so I was a bit apprehensive, but I decided to give the schools an opportunity. I am so pleased that I made this decision. My daughter, who attends Forrestal, is so excited to come to school everyday. Her teacher is awesome! She interacts and is so motivated. She makes the class fun. My daughter is advanced for her age. She's 8 and reads at a 7th grade level and her teacher is able to find material that is still interesting to her. The office staff is so nice and friendly. The principal is wonderful with the kids. She tells them that she's so happy to see them every morning. The environment is friendly and safe. The school currently serves from kinder to 2nd grade. I'd recommend it to anyone!

I have been teaching in North Chicago for 16 years. I am new to Forrestal and so excited about the changes that I see happening. The kids come to school excited to learn and the teachers are working hard to stay current with new trends and meet the needs of all of our students.

Last modified Forrestal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2