Gurnee, IL

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
No. I feel they reward Bad Behavior and ignore those stuggling to learn. When a child is bored because they already know the material their solution is to sign them up for Saturday school rather help devolp a plan for that student. I also feel if a kid is struggling because they do not understand they pass the student on to the next grade even if they do not get the current grade material

Spaulding Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2015
I had to withdrawal my son from this school. It was terrible. My son was being bullied and I had meeting with the principal and Vice Principal but NOTHING was ever done. I witnessed a student push another student down to the ground on purpose in front of a teacher and she did NOTHING. On another occasion I witnessed a student throw a tantrum because he wasnt getting his way only to watch the teacher reward the bad behavoir. There were MANY other things I witnessed with my own eyes that were very disturbing. I came to the conclusion that the staff at Spaulding reward Bad Behavior and do NOT take bullying serious enough. This school NEEDs to work on Bullying in the school and on the Bus along with not rewarding Bad Behavior

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 28, 2015
There is NO homework as everything is done on Ipad. My child isnt learning to use Pencil at all. They are only learning to play on the Ipad all day

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
Because these students are getting rewarded for bad behavior and as the student gets older and moving up in grades the behavior is getting worse

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
Absolutely NOT. A student is crying not to go to school because hes being bullied and they do nothing to help stop it

Posted August 04, 2015
Spaulding is a wonderful and nurturing school. We have had other children go through other primary schools in the area and Spaulding is the best! They really care about their kids.

Posted May 05, 2015
LOVE SPAULDING. Great staff, dedicated. My son is finishing up his kindergarten year. They worked very well with him seeing he had a problem listening. He really loves his school and the friends he's made. One of the qualities we love is How diverse the school is. There is a wide range of students from all different bsckgrounds.

Posted September 30, 2013
Dedicated staff and warm nurturing environment. Has an early childhood / early learning program for qualifying students that is top notch.

Posted February 21, 2012
I was extremely impressed with the teachers and staff. We recently moved to a very highly rated school district in VA and my daughter is at the top of her class. She was very well prepared at Spaulding.

Posted October 18, 2011
My kids love the school, the teachers that my kids had are great and very responsive to their needs.

2000 Belle Plaine Avenue, Gurnee, IL  60031
Last modified Spaulding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Spaulding Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top