Bad
Good

River trail is the best school in Lake County! The teachers put the students first. It is amazing how much the kids learn and love their school. The students stay with the same teacher for 2 years. The students also stay at this school for 9 years before moving across the street to the high school which is also rated highly at a 9. The secretaries and nurse are fabulous and so is the assistant principal. Several staff members send or did send their kids though RT. Keep up the hard dedicated work!

River Trail is the best school in Lake County! I have never felt more welcomed in a building as I have at River Trail. There is a pure dedication to learning!

River Trail School is an amazing place to be. Teachers, Staff and Administration all greatly care about each and every one of the students. The family atmosphere where everyone helps each other is truly unique.

Both my children go to River Trail and I love this school. It us up to date on technological learning with the use of iPads and a great tech educated staff. The community has many parent volunteers and the children are proud to belong. Some of the brightest students I've come across.

Gurnee Grade is now River Trails Schoool. We have moved into our new beautiful, renovated building. We now are a "complete" package. Fantastic teachers, great administrators and culture of working together with parents. Any issue I have ever had has been immediately addressed. Every student in this district receives their own iPad. This district is on the cutting edge! Lastly, River Trails received Academic Excellence from the state based on their last ISAT testing. Lastly, I'm not sure the comment regarding racial diversity is accurate. I believe River Trails has the same diversity across the district.

My child and I adore the teachers! PE every day and all day K is wonderful for those little ones. Not impressed with the focus of the current principal,board and superintendent who seems to be waiting out retirement. With the building of the new schools, this could be a real opportunity to make GGS comparable to high preforming schools in lake county. I hope decisions like ergonomic furniture from Germany or over sized district offices don't take away from keeping our school a competitive learning environment. Time to raise our library and science lab expectations and offer advanced programs in reading,science..

My daughter has been at this school since she started school. She is now in the 6 grade going to 7th. I love the teachers. They actually care about the students and their well being. As a parent i am truly happy with this school.

I love the sense of community embodied by the staff, parents and students. I also love that even in tough times our parents, staff and students come together to find ways to continue to support the learning community that is Gurnee Grade School.

I love the curriculum and the education that it provides for my child.

Such a wonderful sense of learning and community going on at this school. All of the teachers teach 'out of the box' and have prepared many students for high school.

Last modified River Trail School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.