PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)

St Charles Borromeo Catholic School
Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 09, 2016
Some of the older children at this school are rude and bullies. The staff is fully aware and they let them get away with it.

St Charles Borromeo Catholic School 2

Posted May 09, 2016
Dear parents, do not waste your money at this school. This school does not take parents concerns seriously. The tools used to teach are dated and the building is in need of much work.

Posted July 15, 2013
SCB is an excellent school with a small community feel and a world class education. My kids have attended from preschool. Having come from Chicago, where we had to choose between large class size or tuition, it was a relief to find a school that is high quality, moderately priced and small class size. We initially enrolled our kids and went to church closer to home, but because of the incredible family community of both the school and the parish, we requested to make SCB our home parish. The teachers are excellent and really care about the students. We only came to this school because we were on a wait-list for preschool elsewhere and are so glad we did!

Posted May 07, 2013
St. Charles Borromeo is a school where Jesus lives in the hearts of the priests, present and past, the teachers, staff, parents and children. Our children are gaining a faith based education and nationally they rank academically in the top 10%. This school and Parish and all who attend are a blessing to this community. May the Lord continue to bless us!

Posted April 28, 2013
SCB is truly an amazing school! My children were in public school and had a terrible experience. The public school lacked the ability to help my smart children achieve or come close to their abilities. At SCB they are challenged and cared for by the teachers, principal and staff. My children now average 2-4 grade levels above their peers. I don't know who wrote that August 19, 2012 comment but, I don't know how they were at the same school we've been at for 3 plus years. The teachers are far from elderly (that's down right insulting given their ages), all have masters degrees, and truly love what they do. The atmosphere is far from clich -like. We transferred in and have made wonderful friends - both my children and my spouse and I. I couldn't imagine a better place for my kids to learn. From what I know about the prior principal - a lot of people left BECAUSE of that person and, a lot of people have joined SCB because of the wonderful principal and staff that are there. Keep it up SCB!!! Extra curriculars, technology, core teaching, it's all amazing!

Posted April 09, 2013
We have 4 children attending Saint Charles Borromeo after being in the public school system. We have seen measurable improvement in their scholastic performance in all areas and all four children have marked improvement in self esteem and confidence. We feel very close and connected to the principal, staff and other parents. We are extremely pleased with our experience.

Posted April 04, 2013
SCB is the most AWESOME school! I have had 3 children go through K-8 grade there with my youngest starting there in preschool. I can't say enough about how wonderful the teachers and staff are. My children were totally challenged scholastically with all of my children on the honor roll. I love the devotion to service and how God was taught to be front and center of all they do and achieve. My girls played volleyball there since 4th grade and my son played basketball since 4th grade. It was wonderful to interact with the other schools, in which they met some friends that they were in high school with later. My children went onto Catholic high school and were very ready scholastically for the more difficult honor classes they would take there. I really loved the smaller class sizes and the way all the children knew all the other children in the school due to the fact that they have so much interaction with their older and younger schoolmates. I have volunteered all 15 years my children were in SCB,and I pray that maybe someday I will have grandchildren that attend SCB and maybe I'll be back supporting the school I love so much!

Posted April 03, 2013
As a parent of 6 years at our beloved SCB School, I could not be happier with the fine combination of academics, faith, and family atmosphere at St. Charles Borromeo School. I take GREAT offense at the comment written on August 19, 2012. It is far from factual and obviously someone with an ax to grind. The enrollment in the past 3 years has gone up over 50%, which is because the word is out that it is a very positive place to be. Newspaper articles have been written annually about the great student achievement here, including the school's standardized test scores, and this school ranks nationally in the top 10% in many, many areas. The school is better than ever, class sizes averaging 20 per class, and the staff age ranges from 24 to mid 50's in age (far from "elderly"), most with Master's degrees, and is very caring. They say they want it to be each child's "family away from home", and that family atmosphere can be clearly seen each day. Also have a cutting edge technology program and 3 computer labs for instruction from PreK up through 8th grade.

Posted April 03, 2013
St. Charles Borromeo School is an outstanding choice for education both religiously and academically. The staff is caring and dedicated from principal to staff to volunteers. They work tirelessy to make sure each student reaches his or her potential. I have children who have graduated from the school and were more than prepared for high school challenges. I have children in currently who love the teachers and the school and are benefitting greatly from the experiences. Highly qualified staff, most with master's level degrees in their field. Sign me, Proud to be SCB!

Posted April 03, 2013
My children attend this school & have been with the school since their pre-school years. We were not Catholic when we chose this school; we chose it because of it's excellence in education. The students average test scores are 2 full years above grade level & the children are academically challenged. Over the past few years their has been additional improvements that have made this school an excellent choice for preschool through 8th grade. There are three computer labs that are used daily by our all of our students, accelerated coursework particularly in the areas of math & science, and all of our teachers have Masters degrees. There is a learning environment at this school that is inclusive & fostered by the teachers and the principal. The principle has the respect, love of learning, & the fairness that he shares with his staff. This is a Catholic school, but even if you are not Catholic & you are searching for a school for your child you will be welcomed here by everyone. One of the areas that you will notice when you come to this school is also the politeness of everyone here.There are also a great variety of athletic teams for the students. This really is a special school.

St Charles Borromeo Catholic School
288 East Jefferson Street, Hampshire, IL  60140
Last modified St Charles Borromeo Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8