Bad
Good

Posted May 20, 2013
This is an amazing school. It is the sole reason that I still live in Hampshire. The principal, teachers, parents are all involved and care about all the kids. It is a wonderful environment.

Hampshire Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2013
I wish we had been here BEFORE Scarpino! What a joke of a principal. He bullies the kids, staff, and parents. My son hates school as a direct result of this man. He has gone to him for help and been shamed for doing so. The art program is non existant. PE is a joke. Dr Scarpino spends lots of wasted time "visiting" classrooms daily to intimidate the teachers instead of doing anything productive. My kids actually try NOT to earn incentives for doing good because often the prize us time spent with the principal. THEY HATE HIM! be claims the are "his kids" what a crock. My youngest Will never set foot in that school if this man is still there when she is kindergarten age..

Posted May 03, 2010
HES is everything I want my kids' elementary school to be! Our community really makes this school a special place for kids to learn what education is all about. I am proud of my sons' teachers for making learning fun and meaningful, and not just 'teaching to the tests' like many other schools. I appreciate that the kids are taught to be inquisitive and to think for themselves. The teachers and support staff are wonderful, and do such a great job making sure all children feel valued and are held to a common standard of expected behavior.

Posted April 19, 2010
The teachers are amazing!! The community is really active and involved too!

Posted April 20, 2009
Hampshire Elementary is a wonderful school. My children feel very comfortable with all the teachers and especially with Mr. Aalfs. He's been a wonderful addition! Its nice to know your children are safe and the teachers and staff really do care about their jobs. Glad to be at HES!!!!

Posted January 27, 2009
Hampshire Elementary is a great FAMILY school! The staff and principal go out of their way to get to know each child and parent. We have a wonderful principal and the teachers are amazing! I couldn't be happier. When we moved to Hampshire 7years ago we where looking for a great place to raise our children, and we couldn't be happier!

Posted December 12, 2008
Hampshire Elementary is a wonderful school. Upon the retirement of Mr. Wright many may have worried who could possibly fill his shoes. Mr. Aalfs is extraordinary! He is a fantastic principal, that clearly takes his job seriously. The children love him too.The teachers seem to get better each child I have go through the school. Keep up the great work!

Posted August 12, 2004
Mr. Wright, our fearless principal, is the glue that holds this tight ship together. He treats all students, parents and staff with the upmost respect and this trickles down. We have not had one bad experience with any teachers. We love this school!

Hampshire Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
Hampshire Elementary is a great school with excellent leadership. I am proud to send my child there.

321 Terwilliger Ave, Hampshire, IL  60140
Last modified Hampshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.