Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Albert Einstein Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2015
When i go through the details , i find that Teachers ask difficult test questions 57%. It seems correct, and its one of the factor which effects the school rating. My kid never finds challenging in his home work. Some times he said its boring. The good things they provide gomath practice site for kids. Reading log is not that encouraging. couple of years back it was good, daily children has to read and do write on that story. Now its weekly once. I found the kids are not showing much interest on writing, I request teachers to show more care on that.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted October 06, 2015
Teachers are good , and they are trying to their level best it seems. I am not sure who will insist for more home work and exercise and also some science project work

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted October 06, 2015
My son get very less home work from the school , its not sufficient at all. There is no challenging for the students . I did not see any art / project works in this school. We find there are lot of projects and art work given for the same grade students in the near by schools in same school district which are rated in 9/10 .

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 06, 2015
Its providing good environment to the students and students love to go to school. My son learned lot of things here.

Posted March 10, 2014
My daughter likes her school very much. Principal and teachers are good and very responsible. PTA is also very effective.

Posted February 16, 2014
I love Einstein. I went there as a child and now my 7 year old attends there. I think the teachers (Miss Tringali/Miss Johnson) are caring, professional and very competent. Principle of the school is an amazing lady and very accessible. There's opportunities for different types of after school enrichment classes throughout the year. My daughter loves going to school because they really reward good behavior which is important at the early stages of school life. The only down side, and I don't know if this is true of all District 54 schools is that my child has barely gotten any homework since she started there in KG and now she is in 2nd grade. I wish there was more homework, my child is usually done with her reading log (15-20 minutes) and math homework (5-7 minutes) and she always claims it is super easy.

Posted December 21, 2012
I think that Einstein is a great school. The new principal and assistant principal are amazing and work quickly to resolve any issues. Our 2nd grade teacher is fantastic! Mrs. Schilicher really cares about all her kids and she has made a huge difference in my son's life. Our son is now reading above grade level expectations and doing extremely well in Math. I have another son that will be entering the Pre-k program and I am extremely confident my soon to be 3 year old will be well taken care of at Einstein. I would like to see more programs for the 2nd grade class though. I have only seen things for older kids or Pre-k and Kdg there.

Posted August 03, 2010
Dedicated & caring staff. Exceptional terachers, above average parent involvement and a PTA that works tirelessly for the betterment of their community. Great after school activities and clubs.

Posted August 26, 2003

1100 Laurie Ln, Hanover Park, IL  60133
Last modified Albert Einstein Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.