Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This is the worse school that I have ever encountered. It is very against parent involvement. Eve tried several time to visit the school as a parent volunteer and was always turned away. The office staff was extremely rude and were always too busy to help when I had a question or request. The school makeup is very socially biased I noticed this at the schools Halloween party where a particular race was allowed to gain access free food and prizes where as the rest of us were paying for the event. The only thing I ever noticed my child doing was testing always testing which led me to believe that they weren't learning the basic necessities like social interaction but they were learning how to test. But the thing that bothered me the most was the lack of parent involvement. The only way to be involved was to be on the PTA which we had to pay to be a part of and still had no insight or access to helping the school. All I can say is that IM thankful that we are moved out of that school district and are in a much better school where I am able to visit the class at any time, I can have lunch with my student whenever I like, the students are very socially interactive, and the teachers are well trained. Im sorry to any one who genuinely care about their childs' success.

Great! School PTA host many after school events to raise money for our school and make thr community more involve with their children. Miss.Little such an excellent second grade Teacher who made my daughters first year one of her best. I would like to see the Principal often or more involve in our school events and begging of our school year with parents and students,but overall she is always sending you her schools weekly updates and keeping up with any News. Overall this is a wonderful School.

The teachers do not care about the students. Their poor district and state test scores will prove it. My child's test scores worsened instead of improving with the new principal, Faith Rivera. The teachers are mean and do not keep students accountable to their homework. If you want your child to succeed keep them out of Hanover Highlands.

Getting worse as far as the quality of education. Being this is the third principal since my kids have been attending, education is getting worse. The teacher retention rate is poor. There is quite a bit of teacher turnover. There are hardly any teachers who stay past one or two years. I feel this foundation for the kids is a rocky one. I think with everything going on, the kids will beore likely to struggle in junior high and high school.

My kids have been a part of this school since 2007. I am happy with the course work they do. My oldest is part of SD54 "gifted" program. I would highly recommend this school. The office staff is friendly. The PTA has good programs. The only issue is for pickup-drop off parents as there isnt much parking space to accommodate the number of parents each day for morning and afternoon hours.

Hanover Highlands teaching staff is incredible! They continuously challenge the children to meet there greatest potential, which I love! They also teach important life skills such as responsibility, respect, moral character and positive behavior, which I think is equally important. My children have done very well in this school due to the learning environment the teachers have created and by having teachers that genuinely love children and teaching! We also have a new principle this year, Mr. Negron, who is outstanding!

Last modified Hanover Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.