Posted October 15, 2014
Whooooot this school is awesome. a b c d e f g hartem is awesome

Posted March 06, 2008

Hartsburg-Emden Jr-Sr High School 1

Posted February 19, 2008
this school was a great learning environment a few years ago. but after former principle Dan Savery was let go, and Les Stevens was hired, it has gone downhill. Stevens plays favorites among the students. one child urinated in another persons locker and had to write sentences, yet another student was suspended for a day when he tore tape off of a ripped ball. it's unfair. and a majority of the new teacher's do not teach as if they are dealing with high school students. they are treated like upperclass college students, or middle school little kids. not teenagers trying to prepare for reality.

Hartsburg-Emden Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted February 14, 2007
I, as many who have children here, also attended H-E from K on. I still feel we have a very unusual little piece of our private uphoria. It is great to have the small class sizes, and anyone who wants to do extracurricular is able to find something they enjoy doing. However, when a problem arises it is not always handled well. Being small means everyone always knows everyone elses business.

Posted December 06, 2005
- a former student
I spent my entire school career at Hartem from kindergarten to high school graduation. I know that I benefited, not only from the one-on-one attention, but the prolonged attention from teachers who had the opportunity to work with me over the years. There was no anxiety when moving from grade school to junior high to high school, the transition was very smooth. From my experiences at this school, I was inspired to myself become a teacher. I know that Hartem prepared me to go out into the world with a great basis of knowledge in academic, practical, and social knowledge. And, I always have a place to return to. I frequently visit the school and talk with my former teachers who are always eager to hear of my successes. I know I would not have achieved the success I have if it were not for them.

Hartsburg-Emden Jr-Sr High School 4

Posted June 07, 2005
My son is 4th generation in this school so of course I feel a strong connection to it. It is a wonderfully safe learning environment and in this day and age that is a precious commodity that is hard to come by. I do however feel that extracurricular activities need to be expanded but I also understand the financial necessity needed for those acitivities. Yes, there are a few of the teaching staff that need to step out of their happy realms and reach out to the students that are in greater need than others. I do not feel like the parent involvement in this community is as strong as it should be - definitely not as strong as it once was.

Posted November 22, 2004
- a former student
It is true that Hartem is small enough to get one-on-one attention but, unfortunately, there are several teachers/coaches that are more concerned with catering to a select few of the supposed 'elite' to worry much about the progress or feelings of the rest of the students. Administration does not seem to care much about this problem, as they allow these individuals (who would be better suited to jobs outside the teaching environment) to continue to discriminate against students who do not have parents on the school board or have other influence on the school, whether monetary or otherwise.

Posted October 27, 2004
- a former student
Hartem Jr. Sr. High School is a great school, it is small enough for students to get one on one teaching. This school is great!

Posted September 17, 2004
Need to have more sports like football and wrestling and better teachers. Teachers who actually care and a principal who is open minded.

Hartsburg-Emden Jr-Sr High School
400 West Front Street, Hartsburg, IL  62643
Last modified Hartsburg-Emden Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hartsburg-Emden Jr-Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top