Harwood Heights, IL

Union Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
Should care more about the students learning disability, rather than being rated number 9 and high test scores

Posted June 06, 2014
I'm so glad my kids go to Union Ridge, I have my daughter who will be in 2nd grade this fall and she loves the teachers. I also have a "almost" kindergartener and she absolutely loved her preschool teachers. I can name so many great teachers there!!! I will not move them out of the school district. Very worth it.

Posted April 09, 2014
The principal at this school, MIchael Maguire cares truly about the safety and well being of all the students, I am so glad my daughter and son attend this school. He has brought many educational programs about safety, DARE, etc., I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter transferred there this year and I couldn't be happier with the change. Everything about this school is miles ahead of what we were dealing with.

Posted September 19, 2013
Where do I begin? I love everything about this school from the teachers, to the principal, to the ladies in the office, everyone is just fantastic!!! I am proud to say my son will finish all of his 8 years here. The parents are great and extremely friendly. I cannot recommend this school enough.

Posted September 19, 2013
Everyone at this school treats one another like family. I have never seen anything like it and let me just say how great it feels! I have noticed a significant amount of new enrollments this year which is exciting! The reason why I live in harwood heights is 100% because of union ridge. I absolutely love this school.

Posted November 08, 2012
This is in response to the poor review of the preschool program, I have to strongly disagree with your assessment of the teachers and the program. Both of my children went through the both the 3 yr and 4 yr preschool programs. One of my son's teachers recognized a speech problem, and was promptly put into speech therapy. Thanks to her early assessment of him, he is speaking perfectly now. Maybe the teachers didn't smile at you because your child may have not been ready for preschool. Children that need a lot of extra attention from a teacher can make parent/teacher relationship strained. Union Ridge is an excellent school with an exceptional teaching staff and a dedicated principal!!

Union Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2012
We removed our daughter after 7 months in the preschool program. There is no structure or schedule. The teacher is NEVER smiling or happy, and discourages parent visits/help. It's basically 2.5 hours of loosely-supervised free play where the kids draw on walls and throw toys at each other. Discipline methods are harsh and traumatizing. The school doesn't allow any sort of holiday or birthday celebrations in any of the classes and there are no plays, programs, etc for parents to attend. The principal denies any unpleasantness, even though he'll tell you to your face that he'll take care of it. He doesn't. If you're not part of the parent clique, you are ignored. Don't be fooled by the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award - that was given over 10 years ago and once it's given, they can keep it forever - I checked. This school doesn't deserve a blue ribbon for ANYTHING.

Posted January 29, 2011
My children moved from chicogo last year to union ridge,there is really a big defference ,we all like this school. And the teatchers are very nice and helpfull.My kids are enjoying activeties.

Union Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My grand daughter goes there, and she loves it. My grand son is entering preschool there and I know he will excell.

Union Ridge Elementary School
4600 North Oak Park Avenue, Harwood Heights, IL  60706
Last modified Union Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top