Hazel Crest, IL

Posted April 03, 2010
Chateaux School has challenged both of my children academically year after year. The teachers assess the students regularly an adjust the curriculum to meet the student's needs. My children make the honor roll regularly and enjoy going to school everyday!

Posted August 07, 2009
My children have thrived at Chateaux. They have had some of the best, dedicated teachers. Not all of the teachers are great but I feel my children are excelling well. The school also has a number a family activities/events to keep the home school connection open.

Posted March 12, 2009
My son was in Chateaux last year. He was in 1st grade. Unfortunately, I had to remove him from this school. His teacher was inexperienced and has no classroom management skills. The room was always chaotic. My son was not challenged although he was identified as gifted. The principal does little to ensure classroom environments conductive for learning. I have found that there are a few very good teachers at this school. As a matter of fact my son had one in kindergarten. However, as a whole this school needs much improvement. Parents are not permitted to volunteer or assist in their child's edcuation (I have tried). This is a huge loss for the kids. The quality of education went down with the change in principals. The new principal is a nice person but a terrible principal.

Chateaux School 5

Posted March 11, 2009
I am an involved 7 year parent. I have had one child (honor roll student) promoted and about to enter highschool, also a 1st grader (honor student) at Chateaux. I have seen this school go through its changes. I am extremely pleased with our new principal. Three years ago we were placed on the Illinois watch/warning list. Since then we have exceeded expectations and each year our children have met the grade at or above the states testing goals. Discipline is key and our new principal believes in it. Only parent involvement is lax and the only time parents get involved is when they want to complain. The teachers care and often stay late to prepare their classes for the next day. I wouldnt want my child to be anywhere else but a District 144 school!

Posted January 11, 2009
I am a concerned parent at this school. My problem with the school is why are the students getting suspended for every little thing? Instead of having a counselor talk to them, they send them to the office and send them home. I thought that,s what the counselors were their for. My child is not learning anything, because they spend most of their time at home. This school has caused my child to hate school, and has caused me to have little to no faith in the public school system. The teachers really need to start acting as if they care about our kids.

Posted June 28, 2008
This school has very little involvement with student individual needs. I agree with the first review. The reason this school is so concerned with ISAT scores is because it has been on the state's watch list for a long time. It seems the teachers go out of their way to help students during ISAT testing but is not concerned with helping them excel academically throughout the school year.. I would not recommend this school to any parent who value their child's education.

Posted April 22, 2008
this school help kids get better scores on their isat instead of teaching them how to do the work!!!! some of the teaching staff is not up to par, and the new principal do not follow up on parents concerns.

Chateaux School 2

Posted July 09, 2006
this school and district has not yet up to par with their curriculums or teacher staff. In otherwords, they both lack. Therefore, their philosophy is they have high expectations for their students and thus, the children are responsible for issues and things out of their control. Yet, they are held accountable. The school and the district has come along very little while our children are being left behind!

Chateaux School 3

Posted February 25, 2006
My son has attended chateaux since 1st grade. He is currently in the 6th grade. He is an above average student who does well in his classes. The principal is very experienced and well involved. She is in the classrooms often and knows students and parents by name. I would like to see more parental involvment here though. My son has always received awards for his high test scores but in general the test scores of other children have not been that high.

Chateaux School 5

Posted November 03, 2005
- a former student

Chateaux School
3600 Chambord Lane, Hazel Crest, IL  60429
Last modified Chateaux School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chateaux School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top