Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 2

Posted March 19, 2010
Until this year I have been pleased with the level at which my daughter has been learning at this school. She passed third grade with high honors and above average reading and math skills. Since she has started fourth grade her grades have slipped to barely above failing. I am a very involved parent and help my daughter with her homework everynight. She comes home from school everyday with new homework assignments she does not understand. I spend hours every evening trying to do a teachers JOB. I think if the teachers took more one on one time with the children, especially the ones that need it, instead of passing them off as 'special needs' or 'behavioral' we would have higher test scores in the Williamson County School District. I do NOT reccomend this school!

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2008

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2007
My son is in second grade at this Great School. I have been wonderfully happy, but surprised, by the education my son is receiving! I have complete open access to his educational needs thanks to his amazing teacher. If I have a concern, the vice-principal is very helpful and shares my concern. The only negative thing I would have to say is the substitute teachers are horrible attitude wise. I have watched my son flourish at this school, and look forward to my daughter entering her second grade year at this school next year.

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2006
I am comcerned about the lack of 'zero Tolerance' in this school, alot of permissable behavior on the playground / recess areas.

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 0

Posted March 22, 2006
- a staff
I am a school caseworker and have been in many schools. This is truly a great school. The principal and vice principal are very nice and the rest of the staff is as well. The students are well behaved and courteous.

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2005
If you want your kids to be average, this is a great school district. If you want kids to be able to excel in their own areas of expertise (not just sports), avoid living in Herrin until your kids are in middle school (which is better but still falls a bit short) or wait until the principal is replaced.

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 5

Posted November 01, 2004
I have always been pleased with the education that my daughter has received in the Herrin School System. Other reviews have stated that 'location is everything' concerning the treatment of students in the district. My family is a lower income family. We do not live in a remarkable home or drive remarkable cars. However, we do work hard and teach our children the value of hard work. This ideology has aided my daughters (grade 5 and K) in their work habits both at school and at home. I firmly believe that parents are the first teachers and our children's education falls on more than just the school district and the teacher. The only complaint I have would be that there needs to be a larger focus on developing the gifts of students who are not academically gifted. Those gifts are equal to academic acheivement.

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2004
My son and my daughter both attend this facility. I do not, nor have I for a while, believe that my children have been properly attended at this school. I very highly believe that it stems from where they live. It is a well known fact that to the Herrin community location is everything. I am not one of those mothers who believes that her child should get 1oo% attention from the teacher, but I do belive that there should have been some kind of interference played from the start in what is going on right now. Nothing was said to me until one week before final grades were to be tallied. The thought seems to be, 'There are 450 students, letting one slip through the cracks is no biggie.' Well, this one happens to be mine. I would strongly recommend home schooling if this school is your absolute and only option.

Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School
5200 Herrin Road, Herrin, IL  62948
Last modified Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herrin C U S D 4 Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top