Heyworth, IL

Posted July 07, 2015
AP classes, dual enrollment classes with Heartland Community College, VoTech opportunities for those interested are all available. The music program is top notch, run by an amazing instructor!! Arts are alive and well - the students participate in FFA at the state and national level! Chess, sports, academics, all go to state on a regular basis. You just can't get the same caliber and variety of experiences at a school in a larger community because you'd have to specialize too much. This school has a major focus on technology and preparation for our tech-focused world, as well. We've been very pleased with teacher involvement, as well. Administration is responsive, even if the answer may be not the one you'd like. I have two students that have graduated from Hey-High and their time here has prepared them well. We have been very pleased.

Posted April 05, 2012
I am currently student teaching at the Heyworth schools and between the classroom observations I've done, teachers, faculty, and students that I've met, and programs that I've seen implemented, I can honestly say I think this is an excellent school. Yes, it's in a tiny town, but the technology available to students is far superior to many schools I've seen in big cities. There are two large computer labs in the jr./sr. high as well as a large computer lab and a library with over 20 computers in it at the elementary school. The jr./sr. high also has rolling laptop carts available to classes and they are used daily. The high school now offers AP classes and the curriculum for them is quite rigorous. The elementary school has one of the best special education programs I've seen. Both schools are bright and cheerful places to be, with student work lining the hallways and evidence of school pride is everywhere. The faculty and staff are excellent at both schools and the library program is creative, innovative, and very cutting-edge in terms of technology, especially at the elementary and jr. high levels. I would highly recommend these schools to just about anyone.

Heyworth Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted March 25, 2008
I attended Heyworth from 1st through 12th grade. It's not a bad school, but not a good school either. It's an average small-town school. The classes are small, but the level of education received is definitely less than at larger schools. There are hardly any class choices and no weighted honors system. If I could go back and do it again, I'd have gone to U-High.

Posted November 30, 2007
The students at Heyworth are nice kids. The school is continually working to better itself and the academics. They make changes to the course load when they can and it does a good job of preparing kids for college.

Heyworth Jr-Sr High School 4

Posted May 15, 2007
Heyworth Jr./Sr. High is a great place to learn in a small town atmosphere.

Heyworth Jr-Sr High School
308 West Cleveland Street, Heyworth, IL  61745
Last modified Heyworth Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heyworth Jr-Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top