Highland Park, IL

Posted June 29, 2014
I may be leaving this school district and am looking at other schools that are just as good as Indian Trail. My daughter and I have had the BEST experience here. She attended from Kindergarten to 3rd Grade. In First Grade the teacher noticed my daughter needing a little more focus help and helped her in every way pin could. Then 2nd Grade the teacher accommodated my daughter again and we looked into a 504 plan for her. I feared she would be put into special ed classes but that wasn't the case at all. She went to 3rd grade and was in a normal class with all her friends and this teacher as well did all she could to help my daughter too. Nothing but Great Teachers at this school. My daughter is only diagnosed with ADD, she is advanced in Reading and they offer a Great reading program for those that are above grade reading level. And with her diagnoses she isn't over looked for this program. I am so greatful.

Posted March 23, 2012
If I am to be completely honest, reading the 1-star review where the poor child was bullied had me worried about sending my kids to school here. I have no tolerance for my kids being bullied nor if I were to find out my child was bullying someone else. I feel so deeply for the autistic boy & hope that things get better for him. If the teachers have been told & didn't take measures to correct the situation, then shame on them. But since I do not know both sides of the story, I guess I'll never know. But this review is based on my own personal experience with my boys attending here. We just moved to Highland Park from Charlotte about a month ago & even though I was a bit nervous moving back to the North Shore (I'm originally from Deerfield), my experience with Indian Trail has been pretty great so far. The front office staff seem to be very organized & on top of things. My first grader loves his teacher, has made friends, & even admits to loving it more than his school in Charlotte (he REALLY loved it there). My kindergartener also loves his teacher & has made many friends already. Academically, my kids seem to be challenged, the teachers are involved, & I couldn't ask for more.

Indian Trail Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2011
My cousin was bullied here with no help whatsoever! I even told the teachers about this and said they would help, which turned to be false. He also is autistic and because of this had a hard time making friends. He had some people say they would be his secret friend because he was too different to be a normal friend. The school even threatened to kick him off the school bus ( and did for a day) because he was getting bullied and the kids bullying him were making too much noise. Lastly the teachers always gave him quiet room ( lunch detention) for blurting out in class because he couldn't help it. I feel this school is only doing what they need to do by teaching, nothing else. Don't let your kids go here if you want them to be unsupervised.

Posted July 23, 2010
My two daughters have had a wonderful experience at Indian Trail. Their teachers have been seasoned professionals with warm and positive attitudes. The new principal is off to a very strong start and has made a great impression on parents, teachers and students. The reading program has been phenomenal and both our kids are reading well above grade level. The accelerated math program reshuffles kids with each unit (every few weeks) so that your children can test out any units they have already mastered.

Indian Trail Elementary School 2

Posted January 11, 2008

Posted October 23, 2005
- a former student

Indian Trail Elementary School
2075 Saint Johns Avenue, Highland Park, IL  60035
Last modified Indian Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top